Sign in to follow this  
Chugster

New to the game, what mods are must have?

So the new MSFS has reignited my interest in flight sims and I am thinking of buying SF2 for the Phantoms but I know its an older game so what mods are recommended to improve the game's visuals?

for navy skins, the Mytai ones are among, if not, the best. Almost all of his originals have been converted from the SF1 series to the SF2 series.

===

is it shameless plug time again?????

anything with my name on it!! :lol:

and welcome to CombatAce!!! 

Welcome...also starys mods for terrains environments mods....also some awesome terrains by various etc are outstanding

Thought I would add as a Brit I would be buying the Europe version initially for the K & M, so would be looking for mods for that first

Welcome to CombatACE Chugster! :good:

The two links below are to the downloads section for F-4M and F-4K mods by one of the modders here Sundowner (an absolute skinning wizard). Would thoroughly recommend having a good rummage through the downloads section like the other people in this thread have mentioned, it's a treasure trove full of 3rd party mod goodies.

I believe there are some pre-requisites to using these mods however - I think they require the cockpits that come bundled with the game so best to download first and check the readme for what is needed.

One last thing, whats is/are the best scenery mods for the Europe (and maybe Vietnam) versions?

Edited by Chugster

Welcome to the community!

Any of the mods are awesome, I recommend Stary's to begin

Edited by ragnarokryan
spelling

On 27/08/2020 at 8:07 PM, Chugster said:

Thought I would add as a Brit I would be buying the Europe version initially for the K & M, so would be looking for mods for that first

UK terrain for flying RAF birds over home territory..

And an amazing upgrade to the stock Germany terrain from SF2:E

• Like 1