Nesher

US B-52 buzzing by two Russian jets

A lot of the time they are friendly and chat off official channels and say hello to fellow pilots...ignoring Ivan the Terrible...back at base...doubt the Russian Pilots want War either...unlike the commisars back in ole Russkie land.

• Like 1

LOL. If western pilots do such stunts then it is a sign of outstanding skill. If the russians do the same it is unprofessional behavior. I would like to see how american press is crying if russian bombers would fly close to Florida.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

LOL. If western pilots do such stunts then it is a sign of outstanding skill. If the russians do the same it is unprofessional behavior. I would like to see how american press is crying if russian bombers would fly close to Florida.

The unprofessional part is in how close he got... not the fact that they dared to intercept the B-52 :rolleyes:

American press, especially Fox, loves dressing things up. Like that time a concrete practice bomb was dropped in Japan ... American press: US BOMBS JAPAN IS WAR COMING? ... People that know better: It's a chunk of concrete ... things are good here. Shit happens.

2 hours ago, fallenphoenix1986 said:

The unprofessional part is in how close he got... not the fact that they dared to intercept the B-52 :rolleyes:

Come on, this was usual behavior during cold war. No need to worry about.

I remember how it was to look in a barrel of an american M-1 tank. Mock attacks from west were standard in the bad old time. No worry about. Its the behavior of young man with balls in size of a melon. They do such things. They have done it during my military time. They have done it during my fathers military time and they will do it in the next decades too. Boys!!! Simply Boys!!!

• Like 2

in any case, some very nice footage of the Flankers

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Wrench said:

in any case, some very nice footage of the Flankers

Agreed. It even waved goodbye before leaving.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gepard said:

sadly in the 21st Century the US press would. remember a big to do about a "Russian spy ship" off the east coast waiting on a carrier group that was deploying a year ago. 30 years ago it would be called a trawler, and might not even make the ships news.

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Skyviper said:

Agreed. It even waved goodbye before leaving.

The waving is part of the standard nonverbal communication between planes during intercept missions in peacetime. Its a friendly gesture.

Aggressive gesture would be flying direct in front of the intercepted plane while the wingman would fly direct behind the intercepted plane.

• Like 2

55 year old aircraft flying surveillance missions over annexed Crimea by der Führer Donelt Drumpf to keep Vladimir Putin in check is the US being "tough" on Russia. :sleep:

Pretty impressive, an ancient B-52 intercepting a couple of Flankers?

But as some have pointed out, these interceptions have been going on, each way, since the Fifties.

Edited by Mike Dora