I Wondered how to get ab effects with no AB...

in model animated throttles...and burner mesh so it expands when throttles open....so no need for AB emitter as you know the U2 hasnt one...but it does light up at full throttle ive discovered at some sites about groom lake flights.....

so tthis method enables it without the game knowing it with messages you dont need..

img00069.JPG

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 3

not quite sure what youre getting at for effects without afterburner. most engine lines (everyone i recall seeing) have an afterburner entry in the ini.

related yet probably totally different, to simulate the water injection on the B-52s i made a super dense exhuast effect (as well as long) then set it as the afterburner effect to kick in at 98% thrust within the data ini.

probably not what your talking about so could you clarify for inquiring minds what you did? i always thought effects were an ini not model think

looks wicked and would be nice as an intermediate between dead engine and afterburners (thinking of most any take off video in existence)

AB texture only shows if enabled in data.in engine entry...with the ab entry you mentioned.....so effect will show.....if you want the effect ive pictured with NO afterburner entry and no in AB mode in the games info bott left.....  this way does it...but only if modelled ,thats only stumbling block.....

something like a node name "engine glow". Don't some of the stock non-AB aircraft use something like this??

Tried my method but...pit for this has no throttle movement so wont work...I can get it to show as animated nozzles but it is default on then off when you throttle up...lol  weird...may as well leave it out or add as ab...will release as no ab I guess...unless I can do a pit with throttles later..nvm.

just a thought...will a throttle added via fake mesh method be movable with a throttle cockpit entry ?

Edited by russouk2004