So I keep looking at the F-4 dlc on the TW website and the F-4 mods here and I want to know what to get. I have downloaded the TMF F-4M pack and F-4S but i had some questions about some other models:

1) The modded F-4N on here doesnt have the slatted stabs or drooping ailerons that the TW dlcs had...so should i pay for the TW version?

2) Does any know if either the TMF or TW F-4K have the extended nose wheel for carrier launches, again is there and advantage for paying for the TW version?

q 1) yes

q 2) also a yes, problem is, the TMF one is really excellent. the extending nose gear for RN carrier launches iirc, is NOT on the 3W version. Not that it would make any difference anyway.

the advantage if buying the 3w phantoms, is they're all (and I mean ALL) mapped identically -- with very little fiddling, skins can be swapped around.

now, if i remember correctly --- and hopefully Crusader or Sundowner will drop in to confirm or correct me -- back around 2005-ish, the MAX files for the 3W phantoms got leaked to the public. If'n i remember the story correctly, the 3W guys basicly said 'ah, well, fuck it' And TMF got a copy of it, so they're based of the original.  But they a exceptional products.

No working extending nose gear on either models...........Numerous ways have been tried by a few of us over the years but I'll be trying summat new with the TMF birds over the next  few days........

• Like 5

All the DLC packs are worth having to be frank, if ya have the pennies go buy 'em all      :airplane:

• Like 3

the extendet nose gear is a pain in the a... , i try it several times but in game it will not work , modeling it in 3ds max is not the problem but to get it working in game is , the nose gear should be only extendet on launching from the carrier not on landing

one way i got it somhow working is removing al the unneccesary animations like open canopy , wing fold etc and use this animation slots for the nose gear

maybe ant gets it working

TMF Phantoms old and new are one of the gems of SF2!

• Thanks 1