Sign in to follow this  
Chugster

Couple of questions about some modded aircraft?

Ive just installed the Desert Storm mod and was wondering if the AH-64 can actually hover? Only it seems to operating like a really slow plane

Secondly, on the Eurofighter (and presumably other 5th gen) when you select a weapon the left mfd and centre mfd change,  the left goes from fuel to weapon status and the centre goes from a terrain map to just a compass, is there a way to 'unselect' a weapon to get those screens back?

Oh and 2 more i just found, F-117 mode has parts of the cockpit turn green when you turn on the radar or LGB? And the cockpit of the SU-27 seems to have 2 odd rotating cylinders just under the HUD. I am assuming these arent meant to be like this?

It is possible to hover some of the Helo's however the game engine isnt really designed to do this , so it can be very difficult, the same goes for the harriers, you can thrust vector ( and you use basically the same method for Helo's ) however I never seem to have much luck with it, except for rolling STOL operations . The sim is mainly aimed at jets and props , vertical is very complicated . No idea about the MFD issues or the lighting in the Nighthawk , thems is black majiks n' voodoo for the model makers .......Don't trust  'em , they turn people into slugs 'n toads n' stuff.......Us Skinners however are majikal and wonderous , and we help old ladies to cross the road....True story. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

One more thing Ive just noticed, after I downloaded the TMF RAF Phantoms (both K & M), none of them have the Skyflash missile anymore, instead they have a RN Sea Flash, how do i get my Skyflash's back?

Maybe from a weapons pack , or if there any included with the Tornado , failing that make a copy of the Sea Flash and rename it to Sky Flash.

11 minutes ago, trotski00 said:

Maybe from a weapons pack , or if there any included with the Tornado , failing that make a copy of the Sea Flash and rename it to Sky Flash.

I just tweaked the ini and got them back, so that is one issue sorted..just need to work out why the Flanker cockpit has weird spinny things that spin faster with more throttle (no spinny thing on the Mig-29 cockpit)...and why the F-117 cockpit frame goes green when i select an LGB

3 hours ago, Chugster said:

was wondering if the AH-64 can actually hover?

yes it can. But not with data.ini file from that pack.  There is somewhere Israeli AH-64 Peten mod.  And with data from there, you can. (or be close) but it needs practice. A lot of practice.

the left mfd and centre mfd change,

this is set by modder who build the cockpit. Not possible to change much, without access to the source 3d file. 

2 hours ago, trotski00 said:

thems is black majiks n' voodoo for the model makers .......Don't trust  'em , they turn people into slugs 'n toads n' stuff.......Us Skinners however are majikal and wonderous , and we help old ladies to cross the road

We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. 

Resistance is futile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

odd rotating cylinders just under the HUD. I am assuming these arent meant to be like this?

They are. Its the sensor-things which work with the helmet-mounted sight (on the real jet).  Do not even think about such fancy helmet-sight stuff in SF :ninja:

4 hours ago, Chugster said:

is there a way to 'unselect' a weapon to get those screens back

Go back to HUD NAV mode, done with the "CAGE Sight" command (look in the controls ini or the in-game controls setup menu for the keybind).

Spinning things. But they swapped the helmet-sight for something cooler :biggrin:

Edited by Crusader

58 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Go back to HUD NAV mode, done with the "CAGE Sight" command (look in the controls ini or the in-game controls setup menu for the keybind).

Aha...perfect...thanks

Edited by Chugster

.just need to work out why the Flanker cockpit has weird spinny things that spin faster with more throttle

They indicate to pilot that military thrust is working \ selected.and so he can see theat its in use if he forgets lol...

14 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

They indicate to pilot that military thrust is working \ selected.and so he can see theat its in use if he forgets lol...

Really? Then why doesnt the DCS SU27 have this feature?