Anyone still here?

I had some health problems over the summer, but I'm recovered. I spent a lot of my down time playing First Eagles, and I've tinkered a little with some mods. I didn't get here very often, but I came around when I could. The activity here has dropped dramatically.

• Like 9

2020 is being a hell of a year, my Polish map is on hold cause I cannot put time to fly, even less for modding. Glad to see you're still kicking!

• Like 1

Good to hear from you mate , wondered if you were ok , so nice to know all is sorta ok .

• Like 1

Glad to hear that you are doing well now Stephen. I check in here about twice a week.

I still fly modded single missions in FE2 whenever I find free time - but I've been fairly busy lately with actual work and also with a novel I've been writing and that's based on reports written up in my long "casual campaigns" thread over on the WOFF (Platinum Ed.) forums on SimHQ.

Once my work-related stuff settles down a bit, I will start doing some FM tweaks again, for the 5-6 aircraft I never touched so far for FE2. I still think that FE2 gives a great feeling of flight. I hope to see some new modders, and old modders, discovering FE2 - although I realize that FE2 is a niche sim within a niche market (WWI sims.).

Happy flying all,

Von S :buba:

Edited by VonS
Modified info.
  • Like 3

I think this has been a hell of a year for everyone. I hope you're able to get back to the Polish map someday, Stratos. I've been looking forward to it. It might also be useful for the Eastern Front.

I'm also looking forward to your additions, VonS. Whenever you find the time.

There used to be  a lot of modders around here. I don't think they've all gone away, I hope we'll see some new mods eventually. 

I've been playing FE when I have the time (working through Ojcar's Armchair Aces Campaigns.) Whenever I spot something, I'll go into "modder mode" and fix it, so I've made a lot of tweaks to terrains, ground objects, skins, even some aircraft details over the summer. But nothing major - I don't know if it's worth the effort of uploading the changes. 

Anyone else who is still playing and/or modding: Do you want to share some screenshots?

• Like 3

Hello! I'm still alive and well, but veeeery busy with real life stuff (I work as a nurse in a Madrid hospital and this year is very "interesting"). I'm very sad to read about your health problems, and very happy to read you are doing well now, my friend.

• Like 5

Stay safe and well, Stephan! Well, and EVERYBODY else too!

• Like 4

Thanks everybody. I'm recovered and starting to get back to normal. Ojcar, as a health care worker you're in a challenging situation. I hope you'll continue to stay healthy, my friend.

I spent some time flying on the Eastern Front during the past weeks. I really like the way the Sikorsky S-16 looks, but it's under powered and doesn't handle very well. Still sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't.

Sikorsky_3.jpg

Sikorsky_4.jpg

• Like 3

Take care of You ! :hi:

• Like 2

I'm having a lot of fun with your Palestine terrain. Stephen, good to know that you are recovered.

Recently FE2 attracted me. It's a great game. Since then I started to modding it. 
My next projects are a medal pack for all nations and several new menu screens (including plane hangars). This will take a lot of time. All screens will be in 1920x1200.

111Sqn Palestine.jpg

USMedal.jpg

Nieuport 27 T_Hangar08.jpg

• Like 7

Beautiful work. I like the skins. I especially like the menu screens. I hope you'll upload them when they're done.

Edit-10/27/20 -- By the way, the Palestine Terrain was begun by Gepard for Strike Fighters. Wrench modified it for First Eagles. I modded Wrench's version (with his permission) and added a lot of ground objects, revised the tiles, and made a lot of changes to the targets - so I can't take full credit for the Palestine terrain.

Edited by Stephen1918