Very new to SF2 Vietnam and I'm having to adjust from my years of WWII sims.

I've been able to follow my radar in to make a visual contact without red box help. My trouble has been after a rapid closure or head to head pass. That bogey might now be five miles out and I've lost him between the rear view limit and the time to transition the airplane into somewhere I can view him again.

Anyone have suggestions for spotting bogeys in this game when you're not riding the radar signature to it and they get some distance from you?

I usually press T and padlock the enemy jet. Unrealistic in a way but it helps with keeping focused on the bogey

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bearnoceros said:

Anyone have suggestions for spotting bogeys in this game when you're not riding the radar signature to it and they get some distance from you?

You can try the dot label mod: http://combatace.com/topic/86215-showing-label-as-a-dot-mod/

This mod overlays all friendly/enemy objects within a 10 nm radius with a blue/red dot. The disadvantage of this mod is, you lose the target info box.

• Like 1