Sign in to follow this  

Hello!

Been loving the True VPAF and the Red campaigns, but I just noticed that other AI MiG-21MF flights are casually fighting without any external weapons. Also there are no weapons by default on my mission loadout screens. Been looking at the campaign and loadout inis, but haven't seen any obvious flaws. Is this a data.ini problem?

Then there are the occasional merged tanks and bombs of the blue A-4s, A-6s and A-7s. I found the fix files for the A-6s from the forum, but how can I fix the others?

-MiikkY

you fix them the same way -- if their respective data inis are resident within the aircraft's main folder, try renaming them and let the game revert to stock, cat-based. Most likely cause, due to the age of the mod, is outdated data inis.

as to the red side issue, are they set to use stock 3W missiles, or 3rd party. Easy way to check is the naming conventions used. 3W uses the "AA-**" NATO naming, while aftermarket (sometimes) uses the Soviet "R" series.

if THAT doesn't work, try renaming the loadout inis, and see if they revert. 

This mod is old, . You may wind up doing a lot of ini extractions and editing on your own

Old, but GOLD. 

Fixed the blue bombers, thank you!

I was comparing the loadout inis of 21MF and 21PFM (which works), but both had the weapons in NATO names and looked good to me.

I also tried to rename and even extract both original loadout and data inis, but no joy on those eather...jeez.

What is the loadout.tga doing since it's listed on the aircraft.ini?

Got it! I found all the working inis and a loadout.tga from a newer VPAF Mod. The blue pirates are going to have a lot more opposition from now on...MUAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

• Haha 1

the loadout tga is the little airplane picture you see on the loadout screen.

loadout.JPG