Sign in to follow this  
Geary

One of the Worst/Hokiest Military Movies Ever Made

I was stunned and mesmerized by the idiocy, clichés and inaccuracies of this movie.  Actually watched the whole movie to see if there were any redeeming qualities in it.  Saw some decent  aviation footage (when it wasn't totally unbelievable bull$%&# such as obvious F-86's with something like a North Korean star painted on the fuselage, etc...).

It's now one of my favorite $h#* movies ever. :good:

The last "Midway" movie by Roland Emmerich was bullshit to the power of 3. A waste of money and time.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gepard said:

The last "Midway" movie by Roland Emmerich was bullshit to the power of 3. A waste of money and time.

I didn't see it, I judged it by the trailers and few scenes available. Not even Ace Combat videogames defy physics that bad as the movie does. Ugly!

• Haha 1

Don't even get me started on Emmerich's Midway ....

saw "Jet Attack" listed on YouTube yesturday, watch the WW3 starts sequence from "By Dawns Early Light" instead. I'll have to watch that.

At slight tangent to this thread, include “Braveheart”. Absolutely awful.

To portray The Wallace as a kilted highland peasant (with a Glasgow accent!), is like portraying George Washington as a Native American brave. With a Brooklyn accent.

All they got right were the names. But even here they got the chronology wrong.

George Washington as a Native American brave. With a Brooklyn accent.

hm... reminds me of something else ... there's (yet another!) of the 50's cheap-ass horror movies. It's called "From Hell It Came". My cousin Jack played the south seas islander, norgu, with his brooklyn accent.

Bah, just some kind of black and white "Iron Eagle", 30 years older, and even suceeds in being less obviously ridiculous - to say nothing about "Iron Eagle, The Forgettable Sequels".