For some reason i used to have wov working but it was lagging due to lack of space so now i have space but i patched up to octobers patch and when i start the campiagn the game brings me back to desktop any suggestions im pretty sure there isnt really anything that can be done

Did you set it up using these instructions? 

This works for me.  I have about 40+ SF1 installs working in Windows 10.

My SF1 in Windows 10 settings.

1. Install latest DX9.

I'm not sure but I believe the latest DX9 driver is 'directx_Jun2010_redist.exe.'  It can be found on the internet.

2. Install ENBseries.

I use FalconC45's 'HDR Mod 1.01A' found here, 'https://combatace.com/files/category/747-environmental-mods/?page=2.'

The HDR Mod 1.01A is for high end Nvidia graphics cards.  There is also a mod for ATI/AMD graphics cards on that download page.

3.  Install the game BUT NOT in the default installation folders.  Put it in the C: root folder or on another drive.

4. Set SF1/WOX .exe file compatibility mode to:

1 - Check box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3).' 

2 - Check box for 'Run this program as an administrator.'

Your compatibility mode might differ.  You might need to experiment with different settings to find the right one for your computer.

5. I use '4gb_patch.exe.'  I don't know if it makes much difference, but it doesn't stop the game from playing. 

It can be found about 10 files down here: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=345.

Remember computers differ, so my settings and adjustments might not work for your setup.

Good luck.

Geary

• Like 1