hi all..

im having deep trouble with this game,,i did and done everything i read from all the forums i found on how to install the patches,,yet i still have this sort of probs..

when i try to install patch sp1 i got this.

"MessageSystem.dll is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded"

as for other patches i get this " desert.cat is not a valid previous version"

i ve fresh intall the game many times and try to patch it,,but the same thing happens..

please help me,,im dying to play this sim..

hi all..

im having deep trouble with this game,,i did and done everything i read from all the forums i found on how to install the patches,,yet i still have this sort of probs..

when i try to install patch sp1 i got this.

"MessageSystem.dll is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded"

as for other patches i get this " desert.cat is not a valid previous version"

i ve fresh intall the game many times and try to patch it,,but the same thing happens..

please help me,,im dying to play this sim..

What version of SF:P1 do you have? Or is it WoV? The first "official" release of SF:P1 needs P1 (the unofficial Walmart release is unpatchable). Subsequent releases (Valuesoft, Strike Fighters Gold) have different patch requirements.

Try to start the game, and get the version number. You'll find it on the lower right hand coner of the mainscreen, it may say something like "v12.xx.xx". That will help us determine which patches you need to apply.

.checked.. v1.0.0.1

guys..im still having all the complications..installation works fine with super patch..but in the game,,the result are the same,,

please help me..i tried everything,,i tried this to my second pc..still nothing,,both my pc are brand new.

please,please,please help me,,, :help:

.checked.. v1.0.0.1

guys..im still having all the complications..installation works fine with super patch..but in the game,,the result are the same,,

please help me..i tried everything,,i tried this to my second pc..still nothing,,both my pc are brand new.

please,please,please help me,,, :help:

It's beginning to sound as if you've gotten stuck with the unpatchable "WallyWorld" edition. Here's a post by Geo from SimHQ that may help you make that determination:

"Look at the CD and see if it has the number 24147CD printed on the left side of the lable under the compact disc data storage logo. If it has this number then you probably have the original WalMart release. The number on the full release verion is 24147CD1."

The other give-away for the Walmart edition is the Readme saying that it's a Press beta.