Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Anybody ever Encountered this Problem before?

I encountered this first last night when I went to fly a mission. 

I started up SF2 as per the norm and went to fly a mission, but when I started on the runway there was NO HUD info available at all. No matter how many times I pressed ALT+D there was still no change. Never encountered this before at all. Never even touched the Controls.ini. Even stranger; I started a mission earlier and it was all back to the way I like it, only to have the problem reassert itself on the following mission

Ideas, anyone? :dntknw:

Edited by Piecemeal

I've seen that sometimes when installing a new aircraft - the problem was usually a typo in the LOD name in the [LOD001] section of the INI file.

Ive had odd stuff like that...seems like game has hiccup...restart then its ok...weird...ghost in the machine ?...lol

13 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

Ive had odd stuff like that...seems like game has hiccup...restart then its ok...weird...ghost in the machine ?...lol

Indeed! Before I go to all the trouble of reinstalling I thought I'd pass the issue around here in case it's something minor that could be solved in a couple of minutes. I've checked all the key commands in the Controls.INI in case there's been some kind of overwrite - nope; everything as it should be 

Edited by Piecemeal

This has happened to me a few times throughout the years.

Don't know what caused it but I ended up having to remake my control.ini file then copy it to all the SF2 installs.  Seems they all went wonky when whatever happened, happened.

Even my saved control.ini file was useless.

I've been checking out my install and doing some checking out and have come to the conclusion that this problem has got to be terrain based. I just flew four full missions on another terrain without any problems.

Would this have anything to do with the fact that I've got 545 objects in the _Types.ini? That seems to have been the only file that's been edited on the terrain. And if so; does anybody know if there's a max limit for objects on that file?