Sign in to follow this  
jack33

Misplaced objects

Dear colleagues, I have a problem, let's see if someone can solve it for me. I make changes with the editor of Mue, and when I go to the game everything is wrongly placed. It only happens to me in the field of Korea and at the SUWON airport.

Captura de pantalla (7).jpg

img00001.JPG

Could it be that you have placed an object between two tiles? It seems like that, place a road that joined two tiles, when removing it it seems that everything returns to normal

1 hour ago, jack33 said:

Could it be that you have placed an object between two tiles? It seems like that, place a road that joined two tiles, when removing it it seems that everything returns to normal

The answer is no. the tiles have no influence.

That objects are at the wrong position on a runway can be caused by including a second runway in the target area.

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

The answer is no. the tiles have no influence.

That objects are at the wrong position on a runway can be caused by including a second runway in the target area.

They are like mirror images, and no, there are not two landing strips. the problem has been solved when removing the road that joined the two tiles. I invite you Gepard to do a test
Thanks for your attention

5fabcc0b310ed_Capturadepantalla(7).jpg.e99db53a1f9bbec1f210533f368ffe48.jpg

what direction (heading) is the runway???? Airfields MUST be in a north/south orientation when adding objects. THEN, you can rotate it to the proper heading. Trust me on this!!! :biggrin:

meaning: if runway heading is 270, in the targets ini, move back to 0 (north). Add objects and such. (and I would also test in-game to make sure they're there) Then, rotate the runway heading BACK to 270. Doing this "drags" all the objects all with the runway, keeping their positions & offsets correct. 

going along with that, you can replace objects and they won't wander (for a displaces -non n/s runway). For instance, you want to replace those crappy stock hangers with Stary's. Obviously, you add them to the _types, and then just replace the (named object) with the new one.

CAVEAT: Stary's hangars orientation is 180 degs from the stock ones; so if it's supposed to face west, change the facing to east (from 270 to 90).

In game at airfields the objects are oriented in reference to the runway orientation. E.g. if you rotate the airfield then the other objects are rotated too.
The target area editor also supports this but with the following limitations:

1. The runway object must be the first target in the target area.
  2. The offset of the runway must be 0,0.

It doesn't matter if you first add the objects and then rotate the runway or the other way around.

Edited by mue
  • Thanks 1

It is not because it is heavy, everything you said I knew, I have used the wonderful MUE tool, the taget ,editor many times and what I have mentioned has never happened to me, I have tried to make the modification of the Suwon airport without the road that united it with the city, (that united two different tiles) and "voila" there is no bad placement of objects. Thank you all for your contributions and thank you MUE for your tools

P.S. Mue, let's see if you dare and make a lod editor for the trees and buildings on the terrains:smile:

• Haha 1

I think Gepard is correct. Maybe the road you added is seen by the game as runway. Can you please check what TargetType the road is? Maybe something like MEDIUM_RUNWAY?
I made some tests and it seems that if you add a second runway to a target area then the headings of both runways are added up and the other objects are rotated according to the sum of both headings.

Edited by mue
Typo

4 hours ago, mue said:

I think Gepard is correct. Maybe the road you added is seen by the game as runway. Can you please check what TargetType the road is? Maybe something like MEDIUM_RUNWAY?
I made some tests and it seems that if you add a second runway to a target area then the headings of both runways are added up and the other objects are rotated according to the sum of both headings.

Dear MUE, you are absolutely right, the object is this and if I place it parallel to the track there are no bad positions, thank you

[TargetType132]
Name=Feldflugplatz
FullName=Runway
ModelName=1210x22Marsden.lod
TargetType=MEDIUM_RUNWAY
ActiveYear=0
TargetValue=200
UseGroundObject=FALSE
DamagePoint=140.0
ArmorValue=0.0
ArmorType=0
RepairRate=10.0
StartDetectChance=100
StartIdentifiedChance=50
IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10
MaxVisibleDist=30000.0
ZBufferOffset=6.000000
FlatObject=TRUE
DamagedModel=
DestroyedEffect=
DestroyedModel=
SecondaryChance=0

img00001.JPG

Captura de pantalla (8).jpg

img00002.JPG

it's a simple matter to rename that item to something else, and NOT use it as a runway -- it's just a simple flat piece of concrete. How do you thing I added all the parking spaces and other things on the Forest Bowl and (Modern) Hawaii map??

Use them NOT as a runway!!