Guys, I have a problem, I lost my RWR from ground-based radars and SAM units. The theater is in a new terrain that is under development. RWR from airplanes is Ok. I tried the default Europe field and everything is OK, it's very frustrating, does anyone know what the problem is.

it could be that they are part of the terrain and not randomly spawned SAM and AAA. That means that they don't show up on the RWR at all, a known bug of the game.

• Like 2

yup. if they're a 'direct call', like you place an SA6 battery and it's associated radars on the terrain, they go into stealth mode. they don't show on the rwr. you have to use the generic tags in the _targets.ini and pray that the userlist places the correct units used by that country

for those of us that have full listing of what types are used in specific locations, it's a serious fuck up in the game engine.

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

yup. if they're a 'direct call', like you place an SA6 battery and it's associated radars on the terrain, they go into stealth mode. they don't show on the rwr. you have to use the generic tags in the _targets.ini and pray that the userlist places the correct units used by that country

for those of us that have full listing of what types are used in specific locations, it's a serious fuck up in the game engine.

Tnx Wrench, it seems that explain my problem

The RWR and avionics .dll’s need to be rewritten badly.  We need RWR’s to pick up AHMs and we should be able to specify air defenses in the terrains.

• Like 1

Exactly.

I can give 2 examples of terrains like that (known actual positions of specific types of SAMs) right off the top of my head --

my rebuilds of 

Cuba OTC &

Persian Gulf

there's a google earth kmz that, literally, show the exact positions of not only SAMs -and what type- but the various search radar locations and their types, for most the planet!!.

• Thanks 2

I mean, the way they're written now is....serviceable.  But, it ain't great.

What hope to see in the version TW is working on now is something new.  Before we even start seeing DLCs, I'd like to see the developer really refine the game's architecture so that the even the base game with no mods is something that really draws people in.

40 minutes ago, PFunk said:

What hope to see in the version TW is working on now is something new

Still a long way till April 1. 

42 minutes ago, PFunk said:

TW is working on now

:rofl:

• Haha 2

TK is still kickin :blink: , at least. He posted on twitter Nov 26.. first time since months!

• Like 1

we can only hope.

as my gramma used to say, "from your mouth to G*d's ear"