Sign in to follow this  
jotaluc

How to install mods in windows 10?

Hi, i am new at the game, just downloaded 2 days age, i really want to play the north vietnam campaign, with mig 17, 19 etc, when i watch videos to how to downlaod mods, most of them have a saved games folder ,but i dont have this folde, i only have this game folde r in my HD

image.png

nope, down in the program files region are the CORE game files. nothing goes there.

look up (now, I'm not famialiar with w10) but probably in the /users/*yourname*/savedgames folder. my image below, while not the, gives some idea of the pathway

If I'm wrong, I'm sure one of our other members WITH w10 can give you the exact path (which is sure is slightly different)

folder-1.jpg

yeah, still in the works. Hope to get back to it after anniversy edition of ODS is completed (terrain wise with Menrva). All the aircraft are done (with a newer replacement for an older model being worked on for release -hopefully- sometime next year. Depends on the modelers other commitments - which are many)

of course, if someone want to build a NEW freeware P-63 -- i have all the decals ready

I see inconsistent mod names for folders. Is this because of international users? For instants, I download a file and get a folder called "Sound" but my mod folder is "Sounds" so now I have 2 folders. Is this a cause of international language? For the US, what are the basic folder names?

Terrains

Effects

Campaigns

Controls

Effects

Flight

Menu

Missions

Objects

Aircraft

Decals

Ground Objects

GroundObject ?

Guns

Pilots

Weapons

PilotData

Pilots

ScreenShots

Sounds

Speech

Terrains

Weapons

I believe that is due to the differences in SF1 vs SF2. For example SF1 used a "Terrain" folder while SF2 calls it "Terrains".

it's always plural in SF2.

Effects

Objects

Sounds

Terrains

Hookers & Blow

==========

Ok, since there ARE differences between Win7 and Win10, would someone be kind enough to write a tutorial on the proper installations of mods to Winge10 mods folders. Then send it to me, and I'll post it in the SF2 Knowledge Base.

It about damn time we have something like this!!! 

Of Course I have this problem now, after migrating to a larger drive. I've read everything I could find in the Knowledge base, but no go. And yes, it's WIN 10.

I made the changes in the options.ini

[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=D:\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe
Editors=StrikeFighters2

[ScreenShots]
Directory=D:\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\ScreenShots
Format=JPG

I made sure the "saved games" folder in my main (c) drive had a copy of it and the version.ini as well.

The pathway and all entries seem correct, but the game will not progress beyond the initializing screen. What am I missing?

image.thumb.png.f214901c5f91fb94a34988b2bb041f14.png

Edited by Nightshade/PR

Should be C:users\yourname\saved games\ TW      in your main install..... your D path looks ok...did you create the shortcut to proper path ?

You were dead on. After I posted the message, I felt there was 1 little something I was missing. so I kept looking at it, deleted that exact line, and "Voila", we have planes in the air. Thank You for the assist.

fireworks.gif

Warp out.gif

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By VonS

Apr. 17, 2023 Update - Please find, available at the link below, my previously released mods. for RoF United Ed. - this time as a convenient, consolidated package that has been updated with the latest tweaks. Do read the included "Read Me" files, where available, for more info., particularly the "READ_ME_ROF_General_Info" file that is located in the root folder of the package when unzipped. This package is provided "as is," with no active support beyond the included explanatory files. The "Consolidated Mods. New" Package contains the latest AI mod. (ver. 1.4) for RoF United, as well as mods. previously offered separately, such as the "M-S Type H Campaigning Tweak," the "PWCG modulations" files, etc.
      Apr. 29, 2023 Update - Included below the link to the "Consolidated Mods. New" package is Ver. 3 of the PWCG "modulations" files (to be installed manually in the PWCG ver. 16.3.1; see directions included in the larger, consolidated package). Ver. 3 of the "modulations" files increases wind and turbulence settings, as well as provides greater chance of encountering more capable AI when flying PWCG campaigns, especially if used in conjunction with my newer AI mods. for RoF (such as ver. 1.36 or 1.4, included in the big consolidated package).
      Important Note: if using the Ver. 3 PWCG "modulations" files, instead of the Ver. 2 ones included in the big consolidated package for RoF -- make sure to change settings, if you choose to change any, from within the modulations, i.e., the RofCampaignSpecific, files themselves -- otherwise, tampering with relevant settings from within the PWCG advanced menu options will automatically delete extra entries for the AI that I've included in the Ver. 3 modulations. This note does not apply to the Ver. 2 modulations since those don't contain any extra AI settings.
      Feb. 6, 2024 Update - RoF AI mods. vers. 1.36 and 1.4 have been upgraded to vers. 1.37 and 1.41, respectively. The new versions have tweaked the AI's ability to follow commands more quickly and/or properly. Ver. 1.41 also contains further tweaks to safe alts. for the AI, to minimize unnecessary crashes and very low-level dogfighting. The entire consolidated package has been renamed from "Consolidated Mods New" to "Consolidated Mods New V.2" (i.e., Version 2).

ROF_ConsolidatedModsNewV2_VonS.zip
      ForRoFpwcgModulationsVer3_VonS.zip
      Happy flying,
      Von S 

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering how to customize the numbers after your callsigns, since it always gives me the same ones.
      I think i managed somehow once, a bit of time ago, but now i forgot and have no idea how to.
      I'm not talking about how to customize the callsign name, but the unit number after it.
      As you can see in the Roster and in the picture under, i get "Fast Eagle 1-1" and "Fast Eagle 1-2"
      Here are some examples:

The numbers on the tail, wing and nose numbers are customized, cause i managed how to change them, choosing them individually for each unit in the mission file by changing "AircraftNumber=" and typing the number, like "2" (as for 202). It doesn't change by typing the whole number tho, like 202 by typing 202, but it goes by typing the number that corresponds to the list of numbers you have. For example, In a list that goes from 200 to 400, you will have to type 10 to get 300. Here i just typed "2" and "7" since the list starts from 200

IIRC, in the past i just used to type the Aircaft number just like that, and in-game i had the proper number after the callsign, like "Fast Eagle 102", not just the number displayed on the plane livery.
      How do i do? I'm pretty sure that it's possible to have "Fast Eagle 102" on my screen HUD and in the Roster
      Thanks in advance for helping me.

• By Sabre1BR
      Hello gentlemen.
      I am getting back to SF2 since my last time by 2019 or so, and i wonder if in these three years off what would be mods you guys think are a must to play the game now.
      Any suggestions?
    • By Skynax
      Hi guys I have a problem and have already tried a few things, if I install a nuclear mod I get everything right with the explosion and such but I have no detonation sound I've tried a lot I'm sorry for the bad English but I'm from Germany I hope so can someone help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..