MigBuster

Strike Fighters 2 Complete again

img00097.thumb.JPG.2c6cd5d57cefcbcd65174c4903f51350.JPG

Product Details

Strike Fighters 2 Complete Edition is a collection of the entire Strike Fighters 2 series (over $400+ value!) including 5 games, 2 expansion packs, and 29 DLCs all in one single, easy-to-install package!

The package inlude:
    • Strike Fighters 2
    • Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam
    • Strike Fighters 2 Europe
    • Strike Fighters 2 Israel
    • Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic
    • Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 1
    • Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 2
    • All 29 Strike Fighters 2 DLCs

• You'll also get the Strike Fighters 2 Win10 Edition when it becomes available!

You can get this Complete Edition for FREE if you've purchased all the products listed above! Get Strike Fighters 2 Complete Edition for FREE!

You can also get a 50% discount if you've purchased all 5 Strike Fighters 2 games! Get Strike Fighters 2 Complete Edition discount!

img00118.thumb.JPG.e3abf2bdc12ee8340217b274bebb33bb.JPG

• Like 7

5 hours ago, PFunk said:

Again?  Interesting.

Win10 patch to be released at some point in the future.

7 hours ago, PFunk said:

Again?  Interesting.

Not really; I believe TK is proposing this every once and awhile in a (desperate) attempt to cover costs for the Win10 update. His kickstarter was all but a successful one. That being said, I look forward to the Win10 update, but it's clear to me he's in dire straits and cannot fully commit to it.

Edited by Menrva

21 hours ago, MigBuster said:

img00118.thumb.JPG.e3abf2bdc12ee8340217b274bebb33bb.JPG

A question for experts. Is this cloud cover the standard one?

@Stratos it's not, it's a mod. MiGBuster always posts screenshots of the game which may contain user made mods. SF2 Win10 is not expected to feature better textures, clouds or anything else. TK is not an artist, he is a programmer.

• Thanks 1

It comes and goes. This is maybe the third time TK has offered it.

Getting a bit pissed off with TK and his bullshit. Either he is going to release a win 10 version, or not, just wish the twat would make up his damn mind instead of fucking about , and quit milking the damn think like a milch cow !! 

• Like 4

Wish TK would place the game on Steam... they'd sure raise some dough that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JosefK said:

Wish TK would place the game on Steam... they'd sure raise some dough that way.

I can see why he does not, though. GOG.com might be a much better solution for his product, and it would also fit the Good Old Games tagline.

• Like 2

I guess the cut they take is still too much for TK to live from. If it wasn't for the issue with the publisher StrategyFirst, putting the "Wings over ..." on gog would probably get some people to look for more ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Menrva said:

I can see why he does not, though. GOG.com might be a much better solution for his product, and it would also fit the Good Old Games tagline.

guess it would hurt too much if putting so divine simulation amid...' light sim trash'... not to mention that GOG/Steam price probably would cause a heart attack...9.99$ for full set (considering age and genre).  :stars:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

guess it would hurt too much if putting so divine simulation amid...' light sim trash'... not to mention that GOG/Steam price probably would cause a heart attack...9.99$ for full set (considering age and genre).  :stars:

Yeah, I forgot that point about the price; though GOG allows other developers to release (much newer) games on their platform at the price they set. At that point, it's up to the customer to spend $20 for an outdated game. It might be "light sim trash" in the eyes of many other customers, but it's a title (still) widely supported by the community with amazing mods, much like Il-2 1946 on this aspect. It also covers unique time periods and conflicts, it's a Cold War anthology of fighter jets and the conflicts they were used in, there's no real rival to SF2 in this regard.

Publishers did wrongs to TK at the time of the SF1 generation of games. I wonder why Wings Over Europe is on Steam; I might be wrong, but I think TK doesn't get revenues from that title on Steam, it's all money to the publisher. On WoE's Steam page, just click on Third Wire Productions, and you're redirected to Strategy First. That's bad. At the same time, TK took questionable decisions, so he's partly to blame.

TW's games were not widely publicized, especially outside of the US. I discovered Wings Over Europe by chance, ages ago when I was a kid. It's a niche genre, but I'm sure others don't even know about SF2.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2

I would like to see SF2 get on GOG in that event.

I just really believe SF2 can simulate a lot of strategy and do more for air combat... especially as DCS might be the best air combat sim but not enough platforms & targets & maps.

Although im glad he's placing the complete edition again TK seems like he's either have no idea how to make proffit or he's an ass. Why constantly put and pull down the complete edition? Is it just so that people are forced to pay for buying the rest in parts? Why not just charge for the complete edition almost the same as each individual thing then placing a discount from 400 to 100 USD instead? anyone that wants and can afford to get the game will be forced to either way for another complete edition sell or to just buy each individual game and DLC separately. Not to mention for how he wants to sell the game in his own store, the website barely runs and has a ton of dead links.

And am i the only one that thinks the windows 10 version is kind of vaporware? For all we know its just pulling heartstrings to get people to spend money and he doesn't actually work on it, after all its been i think years to get a game he already made compatible with a new OS. And even if he is working on it, based on the store page it seems it would be just the base game for windows 10, not the other DLC.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DarudeSandstorm said:

And even if he is working on it, based on the store page it seems it would be just the base game for windows 10, not the other DLC.

The idea is that he will release the additional terrains/campaigns/aircraft as DLC afterwards; those who own the Complete Edition will get all for free. But, I totally agree with what you say. He could have handled this in a much better way, I think.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Menrva said:

The idea is that he will release the additional terrains...

Uhu...when you start working full time for him.

18 hours ago, DarudeSandstorm said:

seems like he's either have no idea how to make proffit or he's an ass.

both answers are correct?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

Uhu...when you start working full time for him.

LOL! I think I prefer working alone, or even better, with great people I meet and trust. TK has long abandoned the true fan base of SF, us modders. When dialogue is missing, bridges can only burn and fall apart.

From what little we know, Vietnam and other stock scenarios and aircraft would follow as separate DLCs rather than as part of standalone products. I imagine this elusive Win10 Edition to be a single app/executable which can be customized with in-app DLC purchases, unlike how the SF2 standalone games are made. Will it ever happen? That's another story...

Edited by Menrva

19 hours ago, Menrva said:

The idea is that he will release the additional terrains/campaigns/aircraft as DLC afterwards; those who own the Complete Edition will get all for free. But, I totally agree with what you say. He could have handled this in a much better way, I think.

Why afterwards? He already (if he ends up making the compatibility version) would have the entire source code available to windows 10. Why would he put up the rest with delays in between? It all just makes it more confusing and annoying to try and get the full package of his game.

according to rules of acquisition - it is more profitable to sell a few 'NEW' W10 games than one single that contains the whole anthology.  

Quark would be proud.

• Haha 2

All speculation is...pointless...TK stated there wont be any add ons etc just updated to better support win10 and newer gfx drivers....probably taking so long as they are probably just rtyng to update the basics and not stuff thats not connected to the shaders or whatever....he stated there wont be new dlc or new planes etc..

• Like 2

I know im no one to talk but compared to other flight games this seems like a shot in the foot. Jane's Fighter Anthology was able to give you a lot more content and online play years ago. Is the physics engine of SF2 that hard to make compatible with any sort of basic online play? It would give quite a lot of new life to the game and the playerbase.

3 minutes ago, DarudeSandstorm said:

I know im no one to talk but compared to other flight games this seems like a shot in the foot. Jane's Fighter Anthology was able to give you a lot more content and online play years ago. Is the physics engine of SF2 that hard to make compatible with any sort of basic online play? It would give quite a lot of new life to the game and the playerbase.

If my mind serves me you could play SF1 with something like Hamachi for online play. I guess it boils down to desire as TK has to want to do it to allow it to happen. Given I heard that he's looking for the series to be a "light" game makes you wonder. It would be cool if you could do online play, as you said, it would maybe add more players and make it more popular. Then TK would have to make numerous patches to the net code and realistically it sounds like it's not going to happen.

33 minutes ago, EricJ said:

If my mind serves me you could play SF1 with something like Hamachi for online play. I guess it boils down to desire as TK has to want to do it to allow it to happen. Given I heard that he's looking for the series to be a "light" game makes you wonder. It would be cool if you could do online play, as you said, it would maybe add more players and make it more popular. Then TK would have to make numerous patches to the net code and realistically it sounds like it's not going to happen.

Well, i guess he would rather sit on his ass and add games for mobile games while collecting 100 USD for a game than actually do any work.

• Thanks 1