Geary

Question for Modders re: MD-450 Ouragan

We have a decent, older MD-450 Ouragan.  It has a problem with the bottom right aileron.

There's a bit of a fix for the right aileron with a .tga.

The problem I have is trying to paint the .tga to better match the lines, rivets and paint of the rest of the underside of the right wing for different skins.  What a bitch.

My question is:

If we (someone who knows how) makes a right aileron and attaches it via fake pilot, will it still animate?

I realize it might not match paint exactly, but wonder if this is a feasible fix for Pasko's great little bird.

TIA,

Geary

too the best of my recollection fakepilot items do not animate.

as for tga making, just do layers in a template and save like you would a skin. yeah the first go around is still a bitch, but then you have you layers set and can copy and recolor as needed.

it would need to be re done from scratch, ie. a new model I would have thought. I think its quite an old model isn't it, I dont remember as I havent used it for ages.

Didn´t FLOGGER23 got that bird in the making? 

• Like 1

Pasko's Ouragon has many glitches **. The aileron fix with the decal was the only way I could find.

Yes, iirc Enoc was working on one. But given how thing are, I don't think it'll be ready for quite some time. Shoot, he hasn't finished the Su's and it's been over 7 years now???

** as does every single one of his aircraft - there's always some annoying thing mis-mapped meshes, open meshes (decal bleeds), etc.

9 minutes ago, Wrench said:

Pasko's Ouragon has many glitches **. The aileron fix with the decal was the only way I could find.

Yes, iirc Enoc was working on one. But given how thing are, I don't think it'll be ready for quite some time. Shoot, he hasn't finished the Su's and it's been over 7 years now???

** as does every single one of his aircraft - there's always some annoying thing mis-mapped meshes, open meshes (decal bleeds), etc.

Enoc did just started 3d modding.

The Sukhois are another case. They have beend initiated by Martin, Enoc is there only active as a skinner.

• Like 1

Thanks Carlo, yes, the skinning is done for the Fitters, we are waiting for the pits, on the other hand, the Ouragan is in the final steps of mapping and skinning, i just need to go to the museum to take pics of the wheel wells, here some SS´s of the WIP

image.thumb.png.1f1b4790059a9867264e1a8cd1914fbe.png

image.thumb.png.9f316f06db85b4ad61904ef9a97178c2.png

image.thumb.png.b78ec5ad2b9719d28f00aeb6ce0f983e.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wrench said:

dont knock it. those Fitters finally being complete will actually be a sign of some sort of end times :lol:

nice on the Ouragan tho :drinks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

:worship:

we're not worthy!!!

that Ouragon be looking good, brother!

And to, maybe, perhaps, who knows, stimulate Kevin to make a Central America terrain... Ouragan local contender.. Non mapped but fully animated...

image.thumb.png.39a259f8c542dd4041289266c1989059.png

image.thumb.png.9a726567f961cb6f2c93d71aaa13d7d0.png

image.thumb.png.122bc43e58aec3f9d4ac084f4cdfbf39.png

image.thumb.png.e77a77dcfe93ee08d4df1850a43e9307.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

dont knock it. those Fitters finally being complete will actually be a sign of some sort of end times :lol:

nice on the Ouragan tho :drinks:

I hate you sometimes Kevo :rofl:

• Haha 2

aahhhmm...

just wish it went further west and north. and Canal is --- not as good as I'd like

9 hours ago, Wrench said:

aahhhmm...

just wish it went further west and north. and Canal is --- not as good as I'd like

Wrench

It is very bad to criticize the work of modders who give a lot of their free time to the communauty.

:pilotfly:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, jeanba said:

Wrench

It is very bad to criticize the work of modders who give a lot of their free time to the communauty.

:pilotfly:

Naaah, I agree with Kevin, that was a poor, rushed work.

:blum:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wrench said:

aahhhmm...

Ooppss...

Jean:

:lol: