I've been working on a skin for the Su-37 Terminator based off of a design from Project Wingman. The skin file, Terminator.bmp, appears to have both sides for the wings, but, when I just put the stars on one side, the part of them that is on the wing ends up mirroring over to the other wing, instead of just staying the way it is in the .bmp file like I want it to. Is there any way I can disable the mirroring so that it won't put the stars on the left wing as well? (I am referring to the top sides of the wings of course)

Screenshot 2020-12-19 131711.png

20201219125328_1.jpg

You're going to need to redo the model, or the person who made the model remap it. Otherwise you're stuck with what you've got.

yeah....looks like whoever made it made error mapping top port wing..a lot of converted models have mapping same mesh for multi meshes like the stabs too..insides have same mapping

Edited by russouk2004

3 minutes ago, hamburgerjet said:

I think @bazillius fixed the mapping. It's still the same model, so the skin should work perfectly. You can find it here.

Are you saying that I should use this plane, or that there's something I can do that would allow the Su-37 to use this Su-27's color mapping?

1 hour ago, willtheboss323 said:

Are you saying that I should use this plane, or that there's something I can do that would allow the Su-37 to use this Su-27's color mapping?

You should use the mod I linked. It's the same mod, but the skin will work properly. Hope I've cleared it up!

It apparently still does not work, so now I'm curious.

6 hours ago, EricJ said:

You're going to need to redo the model, or the person who made the model remap it. Otherwise you're stuck with what you've got.

What does remapping the model require?

It requires the original model and a template to do. You need to contact the mod author (bazillus if I'm reading it right) to see if he can't fix the skin to your parameters.

and painting out the markings on the skin, and just using decals for the insignia isn't an option??? :dntknw: Unless there's more mesh problems causing decal bleeds??

Guys, just have a careful look at the package. In order to "fix" the mapping issue, bazillius used giant decals to paint the entire left wing. So just paint what you want as a decal, take his skins as an example. It's a workaround, not a proper fix of the 3d model's UV mapping which is impossible without the source .max file.

This 3d model is not by bazillius, it's a rough conversion from the same guy who rips stuff from other games. I appreciate having certain modern aircraft, but I'd like them to be more original and legal.

Edited by Menrva

so ... let me get this straight ...

THIS aircraft is a copy of an illegal converson??? Making it a second party after the fact of the theft as well??? If this is true, it and any mods for it shouldn't be hosted here at CA. A blatent violation of our anti-piracy policy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

so ... let me get this straight ...

THIS aircraft is a copy of an illegal converson??? Making it a second party after the fact of the theft as well??? If this is true, it and any mods for it shouldn't be hosted here at CA. A blatent violation of our anti-piracy policy

It is a well known fact that the model in question was originally a conversion from a game, namely HAWX. This one in particular was allowed so much time ago in the past and apparently missed your radars. Let me say that both bazillius and denissoliveira are innocent, they did not know the origins of this particular 3d model when uploading it with further tweaks, so they are not responsible for this, I'm sure they are in good faith. I was able to tell it's from HAWX because the mapping is the same, but not everybody can know this. I do not know if it's possible to trace the one who converted it from that game, but it's not them and they shouldn't take the blame. AFAIK there's a guy who used to upload such converted aircraft, but time ago you admins blocked an upload from him. I am not making names, you can easily find out.

Edited by Menrva