Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

MSFS 2020 now supports VR

This is great! I flew the Cessna 150 around my town and it looks awesome. Now I am going to try another planes and sceneries.

It worked better than I thought it would with my new Reverb G2, but the frame rates are really low and the visual quality settings are such that I watch ground objects like buildings and trees pop up into view like a stock SF2 installation. It does look pretty good. DCS World still runs far better for me and has aircraft I prefer and combat, so MSFS2020 will mostly sit idle on my PC like FSX, X-Plane, and P3d before it. Aerofly FS2 remains my best civil sim for sight seeing in VR with a great aircraft selection out of the box and outstanding performance with visual settings maxed out. I hope that when I build a new PC that MSFS2020 will run faster, but comments I have seen show that it doesn't improve much when you go to the most modern and powerful hardware you can get right now. It is easy to see why: the core of the code under the hood is really still FSX despite the 64-bit update and the new world graphics. I don't have P3dV5 yet, but up to P3dV4, I see the same thing: very low performance due to the long existing FSX core code. X-Plane seems to be about halfway between MSFS/P3d and Aerofly FS2 for performance vs quality. Hopefully, MSFS2020 continues to be updated/optimized to run much better at higher quality settings in VR. I also hope TacPack is added since it makes military aircraft so much better with functional systems and weapons. TacPack doesn't even support P3dV5 yet, so I am still running P3dV4.