Stephen1918

WWI Airfield Vehicles and Other Objects

I have uploaded four vehicles and some other objects that modders can use to populate airfields. I made them generic so they can be used by either side on any front. The download includes destroyed versions for the vehicles and I have included the data needed for the types.ini. for each object.

FuelTruck02.jpg

StaffCar01.jpg

StarterTruck03.jpg

UtilityTruck02.jpg

OilCart.jpg

Tools01.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Gents', if I add the relevant info. for these objects into the "types.ini" file, and then drop the objects into the terrain folder - will they show up randomly around/on airfields?...or does this require specific positioning via coordinates in the "targets.ini" file as done by our terrain modders for FE2/SF2...for the objects to show up? Any info. appreciated, and thank you for these objects Stephen.

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, VonS said:

Gents', if I add the relevant info. for these objects into the "types.ini" file, and then drop the objects into the terrain folder - will they show up randomly around/on airfields?...or does this require specific positioning via coordinates in the "targets.ini" file as done by our terrain modders for FE2/SF2...for the objects to show up? Any info. appreciated, ...

You have to add the data to the types.ini first, then add the objects individually to the targets.ini.   There is a discussion about how this is done somewhere in the SF1 knowledge base. Mue also made a Target Area Editor to simplify this. (Mue's Target Area Editor does not work on my machine so I do it with a text editor.)

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Thanks 2

Mue's Target Area Editor does not work on my machine so I do it with a text editor.

or the old fashioned way of having a custom mission, and then manually editing the 'start position' of you aircraft over the specific target area (@ 500-1000m alt), and locating the offset -write it down!!- and then editing the targets ini. (past master of this I am!!! :lol:

• Like 3

Excellent addition, thank you Stephen1918!  Love how you made them generic, looks like they are totally FPS friendly and look fantastic - nice work!

• Like 1

I've been happily dropping staff cars and work trucks into cities and villages all over my maps using Mue's target editor. Great stuff, Stephen. Thank you.

• Like 2