macelena

Lightweight placeholders: Vautour

Lightweight placeholders: Vautour

Proper mods take a severe toll in my laptop, so these are ini edits to provide a cockpit and make stock aircraft flyable using only stock resources. That being said, there are much better mods that are much closer to the real thing, i only provide this  in case normal mods cause performance issues in your install

It uses the MystereIVA cockpit with Mirage sights, so besides SF2I you need
EXP 1. It has certain issues, among other things, it is basically a single engine, 
two cannon cockpit with a two engine, four cannon aircraft, so you only get 
gauges for one engine, and i don't even want to look at the ammo counter.

Any other issues or suggestions, don't hesitate to send me a message

what about using the Metor F.8 cockpit? It's stock, has 2 sets of anunciator gauges, and has a somewhat 1950s steam gauge looks. Been using that one since TK gave it too us.

extract the cockpit ini, drop it into the Vulture's folder, and adjust the cockpit position from there. Don't forget to make the main ini read-only, or it'll revert to AI only and wipe out the added statements (of course, everyone knows this already)

• Like 1

It is a matter of taste, but as far as I am concerned, I find that the cockpit frame of the Meteor very different from the Vautour's.

In this respect, the Mystere is better

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

what about using the Metor F.8 cockpit? It's stock, has 2 sets of anunciator gauges, and has a somewhat 1950s steam gauge looks. Been using that one since TK gave it too us.

extract the cockpit ini, drop it into the Vulture's folder, and adjust the cockpit position from there. Don't forget to make the main ini read-only, or it'll revert to AI only and wipe out the added statements (of course, everyone knows this already)

I had your edit, i use this cockpit however because despite the Meteor cockpit being more fit as a twin engine jet, this feels more "French", the frame looks closer, and it still uses stuff from Exp 1

Edited by macelena