Hi everybody,

I just got interested in the Operation Desert Storm mod, which is amazing imho.

I haven't bought SF2 yet, and i see some planes (like the Tomcat) are not in the standard edition, but i should buy DLCs (North Atlantic expansion in this case).

I've seen the Tomcat, among many other planes that are not included in the vanilla SF2 in the OP Desert Storm mod.

Now i was wondering: do i need North Atlantic expansion or all DLCs for SF2 to get OP Desert Storm mod to work? Or even if i got no Tomcat in the vanilla game, as soon as i download the mod i'll get it together with all other planes and assets?

Are all those things included in the mod, so i just need to install it, without having all SF2 DLCs bought?   Or all the "extra" planes and assets i see in the mod are there thanks to DLCs and expansion packs?

Thank you very much for helping me out guys :ok:

NA expansion is a must have really mate, then again all the add on packs are  if you can afford the whole kit and kaboodle, including all the DLC aircraft from the Third Wire site , mot sure if the complete edition is still on sale , but if it is and you can afford it, it is worth a buy !! I dont remember which aircraft are included in the DS mod , however you can find third party modded aircraft and ground equipment in the downloads section of the site here 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trotski00 said:

NA expansion is a must have really mate, then again all the add on packs are  if you can afford the whole kit and kaboodle, including all the DLC aircraft from the Third Wire site , mot sure if the complete edition is still on sale , but if it is and you can afford it, it is worth a buy !! I dont remember which aircraft are included in the DS mod , however you can find third party modded aircraft and ground equipment in the downloads section of the site here 

So theoretically i can still fly planes included in OP Desert Storm even without buying extra DLCs?

Cause for example aircrafts like the Tomcat are not in the vanilla game, but they are in Desert Storm.

So if i buy the vanilla game and download Desert Storm i can still fly those planes that are not in the vanilla? Or do i have to buy the external DLCs that include them?

Theoretically yes, however getting at least the NA dlc is recommended, however as I said you cannot go far wrong with buying all the expansions, Vietnam, israel, and Europe , then getting all the DLC packs as some add on aircraft are actually dependant on the DLC aircraft, to enable them to work, I have the whole lot myself, and it is a worthwhile buy, even if the Sim is getting on in years . I appreciate not everyone can afford the whole shooting match in one fell swoop, however I would advise buying them all, slowly if that is your only financial option. Go to the Thirdwire site and check if the complete edition is still on sale, worth the money if it is, I would also recommend FE 2 as well also a superb simulation for early aircraft , and well supported by mods on this here site !! 

• Like 2

I'd wait on installing the old ODS mod. There's a new one coming. But NA WILL be a must

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Wrench said:

I'd wait on installing the old ODS mod. There's a new one coming. But NA WILL be a must

Being a must you mean that i need it to get ODS to work? Or you just mean that NA should be bought cause it's great

4 hours ago, trotski00 said:

Theoretically yes, however getting at least the NA dlc is recommended, however as I said you cannot go far wrong with buying all the expansions, Vietnam, israel, and Europe , then getting all the DLC packs as some add on aircraft are actually dependant on the DLC aircraft, to enable them to work, I have the whole lot myself, and it is a worthwhile buy, even if the Sim is getting on in years . I appreciate not everyone can afford the whole shooting match in one fell swoop, however I would advise buying them all, slowly if that is your only financial option. Go to the Thirdwire site and check if the complete edition is still on sale, worth the money if it is, I would also recommend FE 2 as well also a superb simulation for early aircraft , and well supported by mods on this here site !! 

Great!

Thank you very very much for helping me out!

• Like 1

Thats what we are so proud of being like on this site matey !!! 

• Like 2

James, as gp advice ultimately you should get all of them as each contributes a little something to the experience. but i understand budgets too, it took me about 4 years or so to get to full 5+2 merged (5 games and 2 expansion packs). taht said, get what is most interesting to you by era or need first, then the others as able.

but then above and beyond the stock games is the thousands of mods here, and the ability to make your own if you dont like what you see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All I can say is a) BE PATIENT & b) Sorry this isn't Operation Enduring Constitution where we fight for the soul of the nation & c) See a please & d) expect Dogfights!

Edited by JosefK
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JosefK said:

All I can say is a) BE PATIENT & b) Sorry this isn't Operation Enduring Constitution where we fight for the soul of the nation & c) See a please & d) expect Dogfights!

Ahah roger that :pilotfly:

• Like 1