Hi everybody,

I have a very big issue in Strike Fighters 2, which i also had on Strike Fighters Project 1 before: whenever a radio communication is given (wingman, HQ, etc...) the game FREEZES for a couple of seconds.

I tried EVERY SINGLE THING (lowering graphical settings, selecting my dedicated graphical card as default...)

Nothing changed.

I discovered that the problem is related to the audio communications files, since i tried deleting all radio chatter files from SFP1 game directory, and the issue is gone, no more stutters or freezes.

The only thing is that i can only play the game without any form of radio communications, just ambience, weapons and plane sounds... that's kinda bad

SO, I finally found out the problem is related to these files, i tried changing the audio channels into the in-game settings, switching from 16 to 8, to 24 and 32... I don't need to tell you that NOTHING HAPPENED.

In conclusion, what can i do?

I'm desperate since i can't find anything similar on the internet, and no one seems to have my same problem, so i can't find any solution.

I thought that it was related just to the old SFP1, since it could maybe have some optimization problem on newer machines... but the exact same happened as soon as i played SF2 for the first time.

I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP, and i thank you A LOT for helping me out, cause i really really have no idea of what to do to play it with radio chatter without being LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

Thank you all again

Edited by JamesWilson

I see in this forum, and the SF1 forum, NOBODY has asked the question:

what is your sound card??? (built in to the motherboard, or a seprate unit aka Soundblaster, etc)

What TYPE of computer (laptop, desktop?)

all these make a difference

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wrench said:

I see in this forum, and the SF1 forum, NOBODY has asked the question:

what is your sound card??? (built in to the motherboard, or a seprate unit aka Soundblaster, etc)

What TYPE of computer (laptop, desktop?)

all these make a difference

I have no idea what my sound card is... i never had any problem of this kind with any game

My PC is a laptop btw

Edited by JamesWilson

I have had this problem off and on over the years so you're not the only one. Unfortunately, I don't know the cause but have fixed it in the past using different approaches. A dedicated but cheap sound card worked once for me. Another time I think a ram increase helped if I remember correctly. With my latest computer, only one year old, the curse returned. [ When Red Crown talks, the whole world stops. What a Princess!]  This time around I had to install SF2 on the SSD instead of the standard drive. I should have got a much larger SSD but it's only big enough for the OS and a few smaller games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baffmeister said:

I have had this problem off and on over the years so you're not the only one. Unfortunately, I don't know the cause but have fixed it in the past using different approaches. A dedicated but cheap sound card worked once for me. Another time I think a ram increase helped if I remember correctly. With my latest computer, only one year old, the curse returned. [ When Red Crown talks, the whole world stops. What a Princess!]  This time around I had to install SF2 on the SSD instead of the standard drive. I should have got a much larger SSD but it's only big enough for the OS and a few smaller games.

OH MY GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

I thought i was the unluckiest person in the entire universe since i was the only one having this apparently "mysterious" issue.

Ok so maybe i'll try installing it into SSD, otherwise i have no idea what to do, since i got a laptop and i can't upgrade it...

Let's hope for the best!

In case it doesn't work, it seems i'll have to fly without any kind of radio chatter or communications, since the problem solves to me as soon as i delete all "speech files" from game directory (at least it worked in SFP1, i haven't already tried it in SF2)

Edited by JamesWilson

you won't be able to delete them from SF2, as the SPEECH folder does not exist. All voices are drawn from the cat files.

Seems like it's time for hardware upgrades.

Baff: you had an integrated sound card? (ie: built into the motherboard?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wrench said:

you won't be able to delete them from SF2, as the SPEECH folder does not exist. All voices are drawn from the cat files.

Seems like it's time for hardware upgrades.

i think so, i think mine is integrated

i have no idea what is called nor i know where i can read it

my PC is a laptop btw, and i can't upgrade it... isn't there any other way i can solve this problem? are you sure there's no way i can delete them?

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

My new computer has an integrated sound card, as did the previous. The first computer I ran SF on I bought the cheap sound card that fixed the SF com stutter. 

It is a very annoying problem but, like I said, no obvious fix that I'm aware of. It might be game related or maybe just an odd bottleneck on some computers. :dntknw:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, baffmeister said:

My new computer has an integrated sound card, as did the previous. The first computer I ran SF on I bought the cheap sound card that fixed the SF com stutter. 

It is a very annoying problem but, like I said, no obvious fix that I'm aware of. It might be game related or maybe just an odd bottleneck on some computers. :dntknw:

Damn... i wish i could just delete the speech flies from game directory as i did in SFP1, what can i do?

Cause @Wrench told me you can't in SF2?

Is that sure it's not doable?

I bought a Creative Soundblaster USB soundcard quite cheaply recently (around the €30 mark). 

• Like 1