After a crash, my Strike Fighters 2 Europe keys appear all set as unassigned.

There's no way i can set 'em.

Even if i bind them, they still be unassigned.

I EVEN TRIED REINSTALLING THE GAME, and they are STILL all unassigned...

I seriously have no idea of what to do, since this happened only in Europe and not in vanilla game or North Atlantic. 

There's also another problem: keys look "bugged" in SF2 NA, since i binded all of them, but some still don't work.

As these won't be enough, they're bugged also because if i set a key for a specified control, and then i try to unassign it re-pressing the same key on another command, instead of unassigning the first command, it glitches and i can set two or more commands with the same key... this clearly bugged out :stars:

Could you please help and tell me what can i do to "unbug" all of this mess?

Thank you a lot guys, i appreciate your help so much

27 minutes ago, JamesWilson said:

After a crash, my Strike Fighters 2 Europe keys appear all set as unassigned.

There's no way i can set 'em.

Even if i bind them, they still be unassigned.

I EVEN TRIED REINSTALLING THE GAME, and they are STILL all unassigned...

I seriously have no idea of what to do, since this happened only in Europe and not in vanilla game or North Atlantic. 

There's also another problem: keys look "bugged" in SF2 NA, since i binded all of them, but some still don't work.

As these won't be enough, they're bugged also because if i set a key for a specified control, and then i try to unassign it re-pressing the same key on another command, instead of unassigning the first command, it glitches and i can set two or more commands with the same key... this clearly bugged out :stars:

Could you please help and tell me what can i do to "unbug" all of this mess?

Thank you a lot guys, i appreciate your help so much

I just found out that the only game where these "key bugs" do not happen is the vanilla SF2, where all keys are assigned and if i press an already used key to another command, the key sets and the one before unassigns, instead of "double setting" the same key for two different commands. These things apparently do not happen to me just in the base game... is there any way i can copy the controls files from base game directory to Europe and North Atlantic?  Would it work or they'll still be bugged (like in NA) and unassigned (like in Europe)?  Thank you very much :)

Edited by JamesWilson

If you buy all five games you don't need to use more than one specific game, you can use one game and it'll have the content of the other games available. Probably you're having the issue because you're doing that, you're confusing the game itself with the keybinding and joystick mapping. 

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

Have you tried deleting the default.ini file in your controls folder?

It will rebuild it self to default.ini when you restart the game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

If you buy all five games you don't need to use more than one specific game, you can use one game and it'll have the content of the other games available. Probably you're having the issue because you're doing that, you're confusing the game itself with the keybinding and joystick mapping. 

What you mean i'm confusing

I don't have the content of NA or Europe into my base game, i need to switch to them if i wanna fly the Tomcat or the Eagle for example

Only my base game controls mappings "work" properly

That's weird, it should be available regardless of what game you play.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EricJ said:

That's weird, it should be available regardless of what game you play.

Maybe that's because i install all five games in separate directories?

Should i install them all in one?

That could be the reason why you're having to do that. Install all in the same directory and then just use one game to play. It'll automatically "sense" the other content from the games and then you'll have a merged game.

47 minutes ago, EricJ said:

That could be the reason why you're having to do that. Install all in the same directory and then just use one game to play. It'll automatically "sense" the other content from the games and then you'll have a merged game.

roger that

Thanks

No problem.

By default  -- as has been stated over and over to many people....

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE SF2 SERIES MERGES WITH EVER OTHER ONE UPON INSTALLATION. THIS INCLUDES AND PURCHASED DLCs.

This means that everything from each individual executable will be / is available in every single one. (example: you can acess the VietnamSEA terrain from withing the SF2I  game)

You can only create seperate mods folders for the individual games (ie, SF2, SF2I, SF2NA, etc)  by running each individual executable (SF2I.exe, SF2E.exe, etc). This creates the individual games, although, again, all things from all games are accessable from within each one

You have to start exploring your machine, and start finding the mods folders. Until that happens, there's not a lot we can do

14 minutes ago, Wrench said:

By default  -- as has been stated over and over to many people....

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE SF2 SERIES MERGES WITH EVER OTHER ONE UPON INSTALLATION. THIS INCLUDES AND PURCHASED DLCs.

This means that everything from each individual executable will be / is available in every single one. (example: you can acess the VietnamSEA terrain from withing the SF2I  game)

You can only create seperate mods folders for the individual games (ie, SF2, SF2I, SF2NA, etc)  by running each individual executable (SF2I.exe, SF2E.exe, etc). This creates the individual games, although, again, all things from all games are accessable from within each one

You have to start exploring your machine, and start finding the mods folders. Until that happens, there's not a lot we can do

Thank you very much

• Like 1