To avoid messing in the news thread,  dear users, please report all 'strange' things here. Keep in mind that few guys get into modding those stuff barely a few months ago..and we have what we have. Somehow we are quite proud of what we achieved in a short time. 

As you may know, (or not yet) many aircraft have new skins, also new decals sets. We put a lot of effort to double-check everything. But I guess we overlooked few things. So I am asking you to point out bugs and beetles. So we can improve ODS 30 more and more.  The same thing applies to weapons. If something is not working (and we already have reports of few bugs) let us know we will fix it. 

We might be able to help instantly with some quick fix...or we will collect data and proceed with some minor updates. 

Also If you are in possession of some unique and spicy knowledge about units, aircraft, serial numbers/tactical numbers, nose arts, weapons that we missed - let us know. This might help and will be much appreciated. 

Do not treat this thread as some kind of a wish list...As a very peculiar collective, we are fixed on how aircraft should appear in-game and we will still continue that way.  So if some aircraft is not flyable - perhaps it has no dedicated cockpit. And as long as the situation will not change said aircraft by default will not be flyable. But...we are open to suggestions.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for your hard work on this mod. Couple of issues: I'm getting a lot of crashes at 70-80% loading. Also, Mig-25 artificial horizon seems glitched?

One other thing... :-) The Buccaneer has some very odd flight characteristics. Can't work out exactly when or why but although it responds OK to controls initially on entering mission, it seems to stop and enter a roll which is then impossible to recover.

The Buccaneer FM has a porblem in lateral stability.

I talked of this few years ago, but I don't rememver where

Thank you very much for the hard work, one thing I have noticed is problems with the decals of the F-16, especially in the tail. Something related to reverse -false, on the other hand easy to solve, you just have to remove the line

4 hours ago, porschefan said:

Thank you for your hard work on this mod. Couple of issues: I'm getting a lot of crashes at 70-80% loading. Also, Mig-25 artificial horizon seems glitched?

The crashes at 80% are a well known issue of the game engine. When there are many different third-party objects, the game is overloaded. Try reducing graphics settings (due to the highly detailed aircraft and textures, avoid Unlimited for all options as a safe approach), it should help. The campaign is pretty heavy since it contains hundreds of different aircraft and ground units, and the terrain is filled with target objects.

The cockpit of the MiG-25 actually is an unfinished 3d model, hence it may have issues. Until something better comes, live with it.

The other issues have been noted. Thanks for reporting them!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, porschefan said:

I have / had the same type of problem with another map (Anatolia) and found a woraround :

I load a mission on one of the default SF2maps (Israel, Dhimar ...), quit. Then, if I start a mission on the "big map", it works

The F-4G's avionics.ini has A10RWRTrackSound and A10RWRLockSound listed, but neither of those files are in the Sounds folder.

• Thanks 2

So few months passed. We had a few bugs reports that we were able to sort out.

And since we wanted to improve things a little more we created bugs and we fixed them...So everyone can think that we were really busy working on this mod. 

But more seriously. We made a lot of changes to many objects in the game. Mostly to find a way - how to 'fool' the game.

As you might know ECM pods are not working properly (or not at all) - so many aircrafts have ECM pods added into aircraft.data ini and mostly permanently added into a loadout.  So you might find that some pylons can not be edited on loadout menu. 

Why? After brainstorms, we decided that the best way is to find some 'wonderful solution' between game engine limitations, and real-deal 30 years ago. We treated in the same way targeting pods,  decoy dispensers, and sometimes even IR missiles on wingtips - honestly, it is really not necessary to edit them on the loadout menu. Wingtips loaded no need to change anything there. Also, players will not have a choice in different types of missiles (because we limited as much as possible availability of weapons too). Players will not find US Navy weapons in RAF or French loadout menu. We even limited weapons in the US arsenal - so now the Navy carry thermally protected bombs - and have no access to common USAF ordnance. And so on. Of course, not always everything is perfect But we did our best. Hope. 

We (me myself at least) highly recommend using loadout presets - that were made with lot of research. Either you play a single mission or campaign. Loadout.ini is a way to go. (Unless we planted a bug somewhere, that we are not aware of yet.)

We are aware that many things can still improve, but this is SF2...not everything is perfect, not everything is possible, but still, the game is moddable - so something is wrong or I do not like it - notepad and problem fixed. 

We remove some stuff that we were not satisfied with, and we added some new. Hope the day you will be able to download the next version you will be positively surprised. 

• Like 4

well put. thats why this would be a standalone install, to avoid breaking similar but slightly different mods

for those that have continued on with it, there has been a large amount of work put in. the ini edits you mention arent really hard or major. until you make that edit across dozens or hundreds of files

those that can adjust or cherrypick to their liking will do so. those that dont know how but want to learn will also do so, but ask publicy how to fix their mistakes (while being answered by some and scolded by some)

those that cant and dont want to learn, sit back and enjoy the show as its been brought to you!

• Like 4