JulioJunqueira

Pilot ini edition

I need the help of "ini edition experts" in this area for a question:
Anyone here, knows if is possible remove the moustache of Geezer's pilot making an ini edition?

I would like to use the nice helmet that Geezer did but without the pilot's moustache. I'm painting an new skin for it with a new pilot's face, but all Geezer's pilot that uses the helmet has the moustache. Any "ini tutorial edition" posted here, will be welcome. 

PILOT.jpg

As far as I know, it's not possible to remove the moustache via ini tweaks - but others may know more about this. To shave him, best is to open the relevant image file and then re-paint the area, or to drag-and-drop/replace the relevant "pilot-and-scarf" etc. BMP files from other pilot folders done by Geezer, with no moustache - into the pilot folder you are calling up via the data ini file for the aircraft being flown. Also check over Stephen's pilot heads - I think that he did some pilots with helmets but no moustaches.

Von S :buba:

EDIT: For those interested in how "pilot folders" are called up via data inis instead of individual pilot files that are often thrown into the "Pilots" folder of the FE2 user directory, see this old post here: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/88951-some-newbie-questions/?tab=comments#comment-720042

PilotFace.jpg.01d7ee70a9c9dfceb6803f151c3427d4.jpg

Edited by VonS
Added info.
  • Like 1

can't remove the 'stache, as it's built into the model. you'd need the 3ds MAX files the shave it off (:haha: )

It's an exceedingly easy mater to "paint over" the lip hair on the skin map. unless, of course, the ''stache is actually molded into his face

or using another clean shaven unit would be the alternative.

• Haha 3

Hi VonS and Wrench!

I was wondering something like Panama Red did for N24_Lewis. He removed all vickers elements only with an
ini edition. Seams that this tweak is not possible for pilots.

"To shave him, best is to open the relevant image file and then re-paint the area" 

"It's an exceedingly easy mater to "paint over" the lip hair on the skin map. unless, of course, the
''stache is actually molded into his face"

Yes, I did this a couple of days ago, but I realy don't like the results.

"Also check over Stephen's pilot heads - I think that he did some pilots with helmets but no moustaches."

yes I'm painting Stephen pilots as well 

Anyway thanks for the help mates. I will continue with the other shaved pilots! :lol:

PILOTS.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1