Sign in to follow this  
Foo Fighter

Dual AGM-45/AIM-9 adapters for F-105

Has anybody made or is it possible to make dual Shrike and Sidewinder adapters for the outboard wing pylons of the THUD? I know this was tested in Vietnam and was not very popular with the pilots because it caused some vibration when only one missile was fired. It would still be nice to carry an extra Shrike or two in the sim on Wild Weasel missions. Any modders out there up for the challenge?

post-9552-1128581955_thumb.jpg

post-9552-1128581984_thumb.jpg

It was talked sometime ago but we agreed to keep it as it is just for the very reasons you mention ie it wasn't used in practice so why bother. That kind of thing.

I implore you to reconsider making them as they were used to a degree and are historically accurate. As a fan of the THUD it would be greatly appreciated to have any new mods or add-ons for it, particuliarly the 105G. The dual launchers would make the THUD missions much more immersive and exciting not to mention fun.

I implore you to reconsider making them as they were used to a degree and are historically accurate. As a fan of the THUD it would be greatly appreciated to have any new mods or add-ons for it, particuliarly the 105G. The dual launchers would make the THUD missions much more immersive and exciting not to mention fun.

FooFighter, just add the following value to the allowable weaponclass entry for the appropriate pylon in the a/c's data.ini (without the quotation marks): "2IR" for Sidewinders and "2AR" for ARMs.

2irm8oy.jpg

Thank you, sir! The Sidewinders show up fine complete with adapters on the outboard pylons. However, the loadout screen does not give the option for two Shrikes and only one shows up when selected. I added the 2AR on all stations without the 2IR just to make sure and still no dice. Any help with the Shrikes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the dual AIM-9 info, Can't wait to teach those unsuspecting MIGs a lesson.

FYI - I only tried this with 105G and not the D so far.

Hmmmm. I've verified that the "2AR" value is valid, so it may be a case of the existing dual rack not being large enough, or having enough weight capacity, for anything other than IRMs at present.

hmm...the only twin racks available in the weapon editor are

Twin Bomb

Twin IR

Twin AHM

I don't believe there's one for ARM's...

Edited by Crusader

hmm...the only twin racks available in the weapon editor are

Twin Bomb

Twin IR

Twin AHM

I don't believe there's one for ARM's...

Uh huh, and?

2ar0qf.jpg

Guest Saganuay82

I just found out that if you do an emergency dump of stores that the 2IR gets dumped also. "Ahhh MiGs, I have 2 Sidewinders, CTRL-J, awww dammit there goes the missiles."

Edited by Saganuay82

I just found out that if you do an emergency dump of stores that the 2IR gets dumped also. "Ahhh MiGs, I have 2 Sidewinders, CTRL-J, awww dammit there goes the missiles."

Yep, that is a drawback. The MiG-25PD wingmen have an annoying habit of jettisoning their AA-8's when you order them to engage airborne targets...LOL

Uh huh, and?

I think that

2BR = 2 Bomb Rack

2IR = 2 Infrared (Homing Missile) Rack

2AR = 2 Active (Homing Missile) Rack

Guest Saganuay82

Yes so now as a Thud pilot when I go offensive or defensive MiG, I have to remember to dump the tanks with CTRL-D and pickle the bombs as normal.

I think that

2BR = 2 Bomb Rack

2IR = 2 Infrared (Homing Missile) Rack

2AR = 2 Active (Homing Missile) Rack

I don't think so, as I've already eliminated 2AR as "active homing missile rack" by attempting to apply it to an F-4E-35. No "AHMs" or even "SAHMs" showed on that loadout, even though I carefully added them. Of course, info in weapondata doesn't help matters, either.

it's Active Homing Missile Rack. I made a pic of an 10 AMRAAM armed FA-18....

post-2042-1128715632_thumb.jpg

Well, that's a major bummer.... for FooFighter

Oh well, at least I got dual Sidewinders, that's better than what I had before. Thanks again Fubar. You guys feel free to keep working on the ARMs though :biggrin: .