8 hours ago, Sheriff001 said:

Is it possible to incorporate the extending nose gear?

we try that with the F-4K and so far no luck, and we only have 10 animation slots and they are used up already

would be so much easier if we would have an option in the game engine for that

The best I've managed to do so far is to create a dummy object then link the fuselage and everything else to it, set the dummy object pivot point to where the main wheels touch the ground and set it up as a dummy flap.....this will then rotate the whole aircraft whatever amount you want, you can get the shock and wheels etc to extend as needed.......pilots and seats dont move with the fuse though....just some tweaks needed there I tthink, all pylons have to be set as rotating pylon and recessed missiles also need a dummy pylon to make them work......sounds pretty easy eh?......nope, not worth all the effort too much pissing about for a bit of eye candy.,

• Like 3

Seems not to be worth it, and the flight modelling in SF2 permits J79 and Spey Phantoms to launch and recover on Audacious and Essex class carriers. I've never tried it on a Majestic class carrier. 

• Haha 1

We all know the game don't know one carrier from another!! I'll be they'll work fine on the RCN bird farms!!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have a question about F-4B phantom Radar. When I turn on my radar, it only scans AA and Boresight. Can you please tell me how I can add the AG scanning, too? Thanks a lot. 

Open the Avionics file and you'll  see this:

AvailableModes=SEARCH,TWS,STT,ACM,GM,TV

(not exactly, this is from my Super Hornet)

It should be the GM entry that does the ground mapping radar. How it will render I don't know, maybe it is a basic one that TK made up so you can use it, don't know about that.

the "PageUp" button is the default radar mode switcher. Try hitting it a few times. I'll be the Ground Map (as avionics60.dll calls it) will come right up.

Hi EricJ and Wrench,

Thanks a lot for your responses. I truly appreciate you guys a lot. I do not have an avionics folder when I go to my F-4B, F-4B-65, and F-4B-67. Do you know where I can get this missing folder? Thanks a lot. 

No problem but I think you'll have to find the cat extractor and find the .cat file it's in.

no need for an avionics folder; the necesary coding is built into the game. not to worry, just go back to flying!!! :smile: