m275500

Game recognising the wrong gpu

Hey guys I hope u are doing well, I have been playing this game since probably 6 months and it was fine but today I accidentally noticed that in the graphics settings it uses my weak gpu or the intel gpu which comes with intel i7 10350h. Although I dont really see it as a problem but why doesn't the game recognise my rtx 2060 or my gtx 1650 on my other machine as it will be safer to use it rather than overheating the weaker gpu but my intel gpu is working fine and with nice temps but I wonder why it doesn't use or allow me to choose my nividia one ? 

Edited by m275500

Got me, it should automatically select and detect your NVIDIA GPU.

I usually open Nvidia control panel and manually switch the GPU from Intel to Nvidia before playing SF2.

• Like 1

Is it possible to select the GPU from within the game: Options->Graphics->Display Device?
I can't test it because I have only one single GPU.

No i just can't select my rtx 2060 or my other machine's gtx 1650 even though they have the same processor but the game won't let me choose my nividia for some reason

13 hours ago, Longbow1337 said:

I usually open Nvidia control panel and manually switch the GPU from Intel to Nvidia before playing SF2.

I didn't try that. Do u think that this will work ? As far as I remember it worked for some games from the same era like 2008 and 2009 red alert 3/ uprising so I will try it out but I will have to add every exe and some mods have theirs own exe. It will be a pain lol.

No you don't have to add any exes. I'm assuming you have Windows 10, just right click your desktop and click Nvidia Control Panel. Then click High Performance Nvidia Processor from the drop down menu. This way, your device will use the Nvidia GPU by default and SF2 will detect it.

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 2

Might be the game doesnt recognize newer cards ,,,saying that my sf2 comp uses RogStrix  Asus GTX1660S card and thats newish.