Skyviper

Oh I would love to make this a mod if I could :)

Shouldn't be too difficult to mod. Replace the audio for the 'request help' comms option (since one can't request help in the game, despite the option being there) with CCR in the audio format the game uses and you're good to go. I remember a long time ago people modding background radio chatter into that function and it seemed to do the trick...  :wink:

17 minutes ago, SayWhatt said:

Shouldn't be too difficult to mod. Replace the audio for the 'request help' comms option (since one can't request help in the game, despite the option being there) with CCR in the audio format the game uses and you're good to go.

No, it shouldn't work for how radio chatter works in SF2. You cannot have more than one audio file of speech being played at the same time. One phrase (and thus a set of audio files) is played before another one begins. So, if you have a 3 minute song take place of the audio of a phrase, you'll hear 3 minutes of the song, and all of the subsequent radio chatter won't be played until the audio of the song has ended.

Besides, the "Request Help" option works in SF2.

Edited by Menrva

Last time I did it (admittedly, it was a few years and several patches ago), the radio chatter would just cut out the moment any other radio call was made, be it wingmen or allied aircraft. I never experienced it playing in it's entirety before the backlog of other radio comms played, but maybe that's just me...