Sign in to follow this  
m275500

Campaign's maximum number of missions

Hey guys, I hope u are doing well, As the title says I am making a campaign and I stopped at max campaign missions tap in the campaign ini. I know what it does but i am kinda confused what number shoud I put to make it fun and not too long nor too short. So what number of missions do u suggest me to put ?

Edited by m275500

Most of the stock Third Wire campaigns are 20-30 missions long, although one of the Vietnam campaigns (Rolling Thunder 1965-68) is 50 missions. My preference is campaigns of about 20-25 missions - long enough to be interesting, but not so long as to be repetitive.

Edited by Gatling20

6 hours ago, Gatling20 said:

Most of the stock Third Wire campaigns are 20-30 missions long, although one of the Vietnam campaigns (Rolling Thunder 1965-68) is 50 missions. My preference is campaigns of about 20-25 missions - long enough to be interesting, but not so long as to be repetitive.

It actually depends on the aircraft for me, if I'm flying a multirole I increase them to about 50 or so missions since there is variety in them.

If I'm flying an Interceptor (e.g. Tornado F.3), that never gets old, because Swing-Wings are always fun.

On my side : 

WWII and up to Korean war : 30 missions max 

Korean war : 70 missions max

Vietnam campaigns : 50 missions max

All others : 25 missions max

I keep a track of every campaigns i made in the game and my completed rate is very low (around 10%) as i rarely get through the campaigns as i get MIA/KIA before end of rotation :)

First, thanks for your answers, and now, gatling said that more than 25 can be repetitive, but actually as the years advance, the al gets better aircraft so I think it's not repetitive.

Dexter has the best point by making a multirole 50 and probably interceptors or air superiority 30 (in my opinion) will be great.

Frenchie has an awesome idea which is by making it with the timeline, but I don't agree with modern fighters being less 30 as they are awesome.

So, i think that i will go with the second idea :) but dexter let's say that I am gonna upgrade the aircraft in the middle of a campaign (not mercenary and there is an option to change aircraft in the middle of campaign in a specific time using the ini file) should it still be 50/30 or should I increase it and to what extend ?

59 minutes ago, m275500 said:

So, i think that i will go with the second idea :) but dexter let's say that I am gonna upgrade the aircraft in the middle of a campaign (not mercenary and there is an option to change aircraft in the middle of campaign in a specific time using the ini file) should it still be 50/30 or should I increase it and to what extend ?

To your question, keep it normal, since the aircraft updates (E.G. new variants) happen as you go through the years:

For example during rolling thunder, you start with the A-4B, but it upgrades to the A-4C in 1966 and the A-4E in 1967, each aircraft should have the same amount of missions.

Edited by Dexter249
spacing

So, using your rolling thunder example, i should make it 10 for each aircraft and 30 for the whole campaign-10x3 and so on for the other campaigns 

10 minutes ago, m275500 said:

So, using your rolling thunder example, i should make it 10 for each aircraft and 30 for the whole campaign-10x3 and so on for the other campaigns 

It all depends on the aircraft, to be honest.

but yeah try to space it out equally if possible.