Chugster

Installing old Jane's combat sims (F/A-18 and USAF)

Ok so i decided to have another look at this and some research revealed the 'Team Superhornet Patch' that may help but I cant seem to find a download, does anyone have it?

On 10-2-2021 at 6:02 PM, Chugster said:

So its a faff what ever way i look at it?

I suppose it depends on whether or not you have fun and patience with preparatory work, setting up the software.

Ok thanks for the info, as I said I found a copy of DI's FA-18E, we will see how that goes...I wanted to get a taste of he FA-18 without having to shell out £50+ for the DCS version and prepping myself for the task of learning that module.

Understandable.

I never played DI's F/A-18E.

Maybe you find this list useful:

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/aircraft-fa-18-hornet

I only mentioned USAF as it and Navy Fighters 97 were the only Jane's sims I had back in the day

I also grew op with the early Jane's Sims USNF(97)/ATF(Gold)/FA, and they are still kinda fun if you can look past the shortcomings. Tried USAF later and modded it a bit, but it was such a mess to mod it. Someone pointed out that the flight characteristics were flawed too, he played at 2x time-accel. to make it better...

Sorry to reopen this old post but thanks to Gkabs explanations I have Jane's USAF working nice in Windows 10.  (I also managed Iaf to work too).

The problem for me is when installing the Super Pro 9.4 mod. I followed the instructions and it seems that USAF recognize it because it shows Super Pro 9.4 written in the splash and menu screens. But when I click to fly any mission (or Fly now option) the game ask me for the CD (wich is already mounted because I installed the sim from there). So I can not fly anything because it keeps me asking for the CD. 

I am curious to see all those nextra flyable planes, if they have their own cockpits and try them.

If anybody can help me please, I would apreciate it.

Thanks and regards!

Nevermind, I found the solution just by installing both folders inside c:\Program files. I hope this helps to anybody trying to do the same.