JoeHal11

Need help with A-10 cannon sound

Can anyone help me with a sound problem? When I use my cannon (GAU8) in an A-10 there is no "brrrrrrt" sound. I tested playing the "GAU8.WAV" file and it works. What is the problem? If this can be helpful, I have 180 ".wav" files, but in my "" SOUNDLIST.INI "there are only 112 listed sounds. GAU8 has number 50. (I created a new topic because the title don't have the information my problem contains.)

Best Regards

Did you put the folder in the Objects/Gun folder? That can be the issue with why it's not making a sound, and probably not doing any damage anyways when you fire. OR if you did put the gun folder in the Objects/Gun folder maybe it's not listing the sound. If so then open the 30MM_GAU8_data.ini file and go to GunFireSound= and put the name of the sound after the = sign, so it should look like this:

GunFireSound=GAU8

7 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Did you put the folder in the Objects/Gun folder? That can be the issue with why it's not making a sound, and probably not doing any damage anyways when you fire. OR if you did put the gun folder in the Objects/Gun folder maybe it's not listing the sound. If so then open the 30MM_GAU8_data.ini file and go to GunFireSound= and put the name of the sound after the = sign, so it should look like this:

GunFireSound=GAU8

602e75dedb54a_Skrmbild2021-02-18151017.png.1b1ed6dc8dd8e0ce5bd96dbaa8caffe0.png602e76aee5309_Skrmbild2021-02-18151423.png.ec1d16ee8a1935622f50435bbaa18ff3.pngEvrything looks like good. Whare is the problem?:stars:

I don't know then as it looks good to me as well if your gun folder looks like that. Unfortunately I don't have an A-10 installed anymore to further help.

Edited by EricJ

602e8ae10b915_Skrmbild2021-02-18164119.thumb.png.c33ff1226ddf810c68dd16710f2d0f2b.png602e8c5db6336_Skrmbild2021-02-18164823.thumb.png.0a2dbb73d992c8b07b1f751940fd469f.png

Now I have another clue! The image on the left is an original folder and on the right is a custom folder for a mode called "TSF". When I fly A-10 in StrikeFighters2 and shoot with GAU8, sound comes, but not in the folder in TSF. And when I look in the object folder, it does not look like the same. So where are all the files?

Try changing it to the stock M61 sound, and see if it's actually working (it's called Vulcan). If that works, there might be an issue with the wave

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wrench said:

Try changing it to the stock M61 sound, and see if it's actually working (it's called Vulcan). If that works, there might be an issue with the wave

Nope! Thats not working. Thank's for your tip! It culd help.

download audacity it converts anything to wavs suitable as long as you set it correctly...use it all the time...really easy and good

• Like 2

open a working wav and note their properties...and save same....rate is what you need watch though as making it lower will speed up the pitch..and vice versa

• Like 1