Sign in to follow this  
gterl

New Flanders

Guess you're going to love this

- New tiles (mix of Caporetto, old Flanders from Edward, etc.)

- More tiles

- Corrected locations of the towns, cities, etc.

- Frontline +/- 1917

..stay tuned, will take ages!!

large.img00003.jpg.f7d7c26f53686750ad8872fb9534e21f.jpglarge.img00001.jpg.2a0e3a2d6e790341b15474dfb6de9d37.jpglarge.img00002.jpg.f0446b9ed4b15086344fdd9e4759224c.jpglarge.Image2.jpg.75bdfbdb039d28dac3f8e490ceddc146.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Still working on coastline

large.img00001.jpg.68fbe5f40391f5ca4072fbc2db74e97a.jpg

from another angle

large.img00003.jpg.b604b369fbe13ef5eddcf721731bdca4.jpg

Edited by gterl
  • Like 9

REAL BEACHES!!!

take that, 3rd Wire terrain engine ----- :minigun:

Havent started yet with the targets. So this is just a test with a coastal town...

large.img00001.jpg.216a6dd54d90cbdc758977a693613790.jpg

• Like 10

Looking forward to this. I can then re-create my Flanders "career" from WOFF, flying a Fokker E.II from the 'drome at Ghistelles, all the way to Nieuwpoort and the flooded marshlands around there, and then maybe swinging down to Diksmuide, further down to Ypres, and back again to Ghistelles. Those beaches look great!

Von S :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Time to add some coastal seaplanes anchorages and fake "sea airstrips". 

• Like 2

Those beaches and sea deserve a Felixstowe seaplane base together with the Hansa Brandenburg W.12 and W.29 base. But that would require a bit of England in the map. Anyway, amazing job!!

• Like 2

Part of England will be there..south coast..Dover, etc.

• Like 1

Yes seaplane bases are a real option/possibility

In the meantime...added little lakes and 'wet' fields (shimmering in the distance)

large.img00003.jpg.d08f78e9d255c8781497809923605ff3.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

To all of those that follow this topic.....help is needed pls.

I'm looking for LOD's for the terrain, e.g. static ones. I've searched here in the download sections and within the various terrains...couldn't find something suitable

- Terraced houses, esp. for south England

- Dover Castle

- Heavy mortars. I know we have field guns...how about mortars?

- Angled harbor walls (like the one in Dover)

If you've something I would be most grateful. I know it's a bit early in the development stage...but who knows

thx

gt

• Like 2

iirc, there used to be a mortar team in either the SF1 or SF2 download section

"Angled harbor walls" - you mean breakwaters?? I've found 2 ways of doing them. One is to paint them on the harbor tile itself. (see images below). One disadvantage, is the alpha layer in the tga don't like being curved (hence my use of straight lined breakwaters). It causes artifacts in the water fx. The other is, it's laying 'flat' on the sea.

The other way is acutally have some build a lod, or find something to use for an elevated breakwater. There's a lod called "plattform01" that angled somewhat up, and 100m long. But again, as these are straight, they  can be very diffucult to work with in making a turn, even in Mue's Target Area Editor (hence, they're being straight again). I know Dover has a very unique harbor set up; I couldn't replicate in the SF2 WW2 Euro map either!

city-port-breakwater-tiles.jpg

breakwaters.jpg

• Thanks 1

I forgot about this "fort" (couldn't remember the terrains i'd used it on). I comes in several pieces, fortgatehouse, fortwall and fortturret. They can be overlapped with no visual in-game artifacts. For Dover, you'd still need a new, specific central building (keep?) I don't remember who built them originally, but the date from June 2005 and came for the 1st version of the SF1 North Africa WW2 map. But like everything else, they MUST be used on a completly flat surface.

I've got lots of stuff, from varying sources; docks, piers, etc. Some are in the SF2 downloads, some not. If I can help, let me know!

fort-wall-and-towers.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yser canal and Nieuwpoort...well, what's left of it

large.img00007.jpg.9d925f97ccde4a064c92d149f531bacc.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Working my way south from Nieuwpoort along the Yser canal and the flooded areas.....tile by tile...what did I start and why???

PS: Red stuff is still wip

large.img00002.jpg.d15a1bac3c9456de299bbbb1fa9a75b5.jpg

WIP

large.img00003.jpg.1e43837ff8a96fe8d9909de5484b7d0c.jpg

Edited by gterl
  • Like 9

Every project goes through a stage where you're just grinding away. Success belongs to the people who can force themselves through it and finish the job instead of switching to another project.

Flanders is looking great so far! This may be your most ambitious project yet. Keep plugging away, it's going to be beautiful when it's done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Gorgeous. Thank you for all your hard work.

• Thanks 1

Past Diksmuide I'm now directed to Ypern...

• Like 2