Gepard

strange icon sometimes appears on my desktop

I need the help of the wisdom of the forum.

Sometimes a strange icon, or should i say a window with a strange icon, appears on the left lower corner of the desctop. There is no chance to get information about this window by clicking right mouse button. When i move the cursor over the window a hidden "ok button" becomes visible. There is also no way to close this window.

Has someone of you an idea what this window means?

602fb2ccaf476_Verdchtig1.thumb.jpg.230d6131f3e9b5eeafdd741023c87a40.jpg

BTW i use Win7. Perhaps it is time to move to Win10.

No Idea I have never seen this icon before.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gepard said:

BTW i use Win7. Perhaps it is time to move to Win10.

I was among the first to move to Windows 10 back when it was available as a free update to Win7.

I would never go back to an older Microsoft OS; Win10 improved so much over time and it has got much to offer in terms of functionalities, be it backups or re-installations of the OS without losing any of your installed programs and data. If anything goes wrong with Win7, you're basically f*cked; sometimes I was obliged to reinstall the OS from scratch, and lose all my files and data with that. With Win10, you have more security even on this regard. Retro gaming is no issue with it, for those who know how to use wrappers, emulators and other related software.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

When this Window or whatever it is, is active, open Task Manager and see if there are any Task or Apps that give any clue as to what it is.

Wizard

• Like 1

looking again I reckon its an icon thats installed thats ready for further windows...this is network before connects in win 10  dont think its anything dodgy

Image2.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wizard43 said:

His OS is Win7 so the Win10 references probably aren't relevant.

Wizard

windows 10 has still icons etc that win7 had ,even before win7 the icons are part of the core system

At the win10 computer of my son the same strange icon appeared. I think it has to do with Avira anti virus program. The usual Avira commercial pop up window i miss since a longer time.