Sundowner

How do you like your loadouts ?

Are you some-one who likes the control of setting them up via the loadout screen, or would you rather have more varied selectable pre-set loadouts as is possible using the mission editor?

Obviously by pre-set I mean loadouts that already have been set up in the loadout.ini. But at least this way pretty much anything is possible.

Its a pity we cant get the pre-set loadouts on the loadout screen so that you can see exactly what you're getting because with a custom setup what you see in those drop downs is not always what you get. The six ( selectable ) group limit is a pain

I fly prefer A/G missions and usually set them up via the mission editor, just me and my wingman, everything else is covered by the other flights so my loadouts are set up this way, sometimes with AA missiles "just in case"

What do you guys like ??

img00197.thumb.jpg.07c7cd7f03273a0580bd014f856087ce.jpg

I tend to use preset loadouts for various missions, such as strikes in Afghanistan I use premade loadouts most of the time. Other times I just modify a loadout using the dropdown menus to get what I want.

I like both.  Depends on the mission and how I try to accomplish it.

Usually selecting through the loadout menu is enough for me as I don't fly many special missions.

But also nice to have best of both worlds.  Having a variable preset option in the dropdown menu would be nice.

Both as well. I select one of the pre made loadouts, then I change what I think doesn't suit my needs.

I like to have a variety of loadouts in loadout.ini. Since I mostly fly single missions via mission editor it is easy to have the desired loadout for my flight and for additional AI flights also.  That is why some time ago I started to have 'description' in loadout ini.  Instead of I have - example: [Strike mk82 x 6] Strike mk84x2] [ Strike BLU107 x6] [SEAD AGM-88x2/CBU-58 x2] etc etc. I do not have to remember what i did with loadout months ago while tinkering with one of the aircraft. Simple ready presets for a variety of situations. No worries that AI light will go against runaway with 2x mk82, I will select the appropriate loadout for them in the mission editor. Of course, some are load as default, the rest is for manual selection. Also, all those setups are checked for 'AI friendly' performance.

THen I usually change a thing or two in my flight loadout.

It would be great to have a loadout presets selector in the loadout menu*. And / or loadout.ini working from skin folder. 

* It is possible to have that dropdown menu selector anywhere...but I could not get it to work on the loadout menu screen. 

Love your Phantom loadout. :pilotfly: 

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 1

I'm the same as +yakarov79 I find if I don't put a description or hint in the title 3 months later I will forget lol. I always like to have the CAS loadout set for a mass coldwar type anti armour mission like the game generates but have a bunch of real world CAS options for modified single missions. I'm also a big fan of asymmetrical loadouts that bring a mix of ordnance types.

Just as a side note.....the TER's on my current F-4C and D models are now part of the aircraft model and use the the wing maps for their skins as I've seen some nam era F-4's with their unit colours on the nose, they have stations assigned to groups 4,5&6 but to get proper asymmetrical loads you still need to set them up in the loadout ini.

The fuselage MER set ups are achieved just by using different MER's for bomb type/quantity and position.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sundowner said:

The fuselage MER set ups are achieved just by using different MER's for bomb type/quantity and position.

yup. I have MERs for 6/5/4/4slant/3/2.

• Like 1

I prefer to hand-pick my weapons... but presets are nice guides, especially with aircraft foriegn to me.

I like the presets with guides, because it offers an opportunity to utilize a different variation of a historic loadout and learn something new.