dsawan

Janes WWII Fighters 2020 edition

I bought Janes WWII Fighters back when it was new in stores and could not get it to run on my PC at the time. Had to take it back for a refund.

At the time, it had the best looking aircraft models and textures, especially if you downloaded the free user mods (much like the SFP1/WoX series). The terrain never impressed me. What I enjoyed was the Jane's production quality: the music, menus, voice overs, etc. I didn't play it very much though, because I discovered Aces High not too long after buying Jane's WW2 Fighters. I still have all of my old games. But it has been a long time since I installed Jane's WW2 Fighters.

I played the heck outta this and Jane's USAF until they shut down the servers stranding hordes of Simmers with nowhere to go. Until Hyperlobby showed up!

I prefer Il:2 for WW2... but I hear DCS is really good also.

7 hours ago, streakeagle said:

The terrain never impressed me. 

Terrain was well suited for the Ardennes area. When used over other terrains lacked ground content like trees.

WW2 fans are in luck. They have IL-2 Series. What Can't Be Taken About Light Sims Fans Like Novalogic F-22/Janes USAF/Strike Fighters 2