Sign in to follow this  
porschefan

Changing the year when weapons become available

Hi guys, 

Please can someone tell me how to change the year when weapons become available. I'm using a Mirage Factory Phantom on SF2 NA and it seems that some Sparrows only appear after 1974 and AIM-9s don't appear at all. They are listed in the Loadout.ini and are listed in the available weapons so I think it's something to do with the year they become available but perhaps it's something else? Thanks in advance!

Ammendment/addition to my previous post. The loadout.ini shows AIM-9s for certain configurations but the AIM-9 does not appear in the available weapons list in the loadout screen. I do have the weapon in my weapons folder as it is used by other aircraft.

Could be the nation that's doing that, check the pylon and the weapon and adjust it accordingly

check the "attachment type = " statement in the each of the weapons station callouts in the data ini. You should be able to load EVERY stock weapon in the game on the TMF Rhino.

Remember, going to an earlier variant (AIM-9B) will be automatically replaced as the years pass. Sparrows will either be AIM-7D, 7E or 7F for the entire service life

out of curiosity, WHICH of the F-4s is it (model variant)

I'm using the TMF Phantom F-4K below. The zip file is a bit of a mess so needed tidying up and it's also necessary to make a couple of tweeks to get the various versions to work (explained in the comments section) but I don't know what's going on with the loadouts. Can't seem to get AIM-9s to appear. It's a shame as they're nice looking Phantoms but not very deadly at the moment! :smile:

Looks like it could be an issue with the pylons, they should be USN and NATO compatible from what i recall

In the data.ini for the aircraft, you have to make sure the weapon stations have the IRM notation.

And you have to make sure it has the correct weapon attachments: USN, USAF, NATO should cover it

The weapon data should be altered to make sure the attachment is one of those you've set in the aircraft data.ini

And you change the dates to the ones you want.

The horrible entry is the specific station code which means only that particular weapon can be carried. That's a nightmare that someone else can explain.

I once read that F-8Es carried the AIM-9C, which was a radar-guided sidewinder, and that got quite a success rate with MiG kills. But I couldn't get the AIM-9C on the F-8E. The dates were right in both weapon and aircraft, but in the aircraft data.ini the weapon racks for the sidewinders specified IRM. I added SAHM to that, and suddenly there were the AIM-9Cs.

Then I flew a Marine F-8E and couldn't get the AIM-9C. That's because the AIM-9C was specifically a USN weapon. So to get it onto the Marine Crusader, I would have to alter the attachment codes in the aircraft Data.ini and add USN.