greetings

game crash when Vietnam terrain selected, tried many things it crashes still, only the mentioned terrain, others work well

any fix to this?

Besides the terrain what are you selecting, aircraft, time, etc.?

thank you for responding

all default to begin with, here`s how it looks like on the editor which doesn`t open normally, only with the saved missions, when i accept and start mission, it crashes at 80%, generated anew default mod folder, still nothing

Strike Fighters 2 Screenshot 2021.03.03 - 18.35.12.06.png

Well something is wrong as it's not showing the briefing map, so that's something obvious that the map is wrong. Is this a downloaded map or the default Vietnam map?

Edited by EricJ

That's strange as it should show the briefing map. Something isn't working right, where did you put your mission file? C:\Program Files (x86)\Thirdwire or C:\Users\Whatever your name is\Saved Games\Thirdwire\Strike Fighters 2 (or whatever you're using)\Missions. If you did the first one then that's probably why you're getting that problem. If you put it in the second one it should run fine. Try doing that as I think you put it in the install directory and not the mod folder.

Edited by EricJ

another mission, it`s like the terrain isn`t even there, no home base, no targets, one big blank

Strike Fighters 2 Screenshot 2021.03.03 - 18.52.02.23.png

Yeah looks like you're putting it in the install directory and not the mod folder as the map should show as well as the bases. 

If you're not putting it on the system drive (no room?) then that could be causing it as it may be finicky where it's put, though it probably shouldn't matter.

the file VietnamSEA.cat is where it has to be, just like the others which are working fine

Well I'm at a loss man, it should be working fine. Is this the complete version or separate install? It could be just a bad file. I'll check my install to see if the problem is on mine too.

Works fine, this is what you're supposed to see:

img00001.JPG

• Like 1

all installs merged, 2013 update + hotfix

the VietnamSEA file size is 103 Mb

I don't know as I tried to replicate what you might of done, didn't work thankfully so you put the mission file right. I don't know what to say man, maybe somebody else can help, short of reinstalling the game and seeing if that will fix it.

thanks for your help

i`m totally clueless, as if the engine is mad at this terrain in particular!

Maybe and sorry I couldn't fix it for you, as it could be a bad install (that I think is the culprit in my mind as there's nothing else I can think of) but who knows, might be something simpler.

extracted the cat archive, found out location map and briefing files missing!

Strange, definitely a bad install then

a separate Vietnam install worked, did a fresh all merged install earlier was the same problem, strangely it has always worked, anyways i could live with a separate install at 2011 update

separate install at 2011 update

no, you can't. once you're at the 2013 level, there's no going back. since everything is always withing the various cats, dll, and whatnots, they can't backed to an earlier date. Hence the term "full ***(number of) install"

also, SF2v never had a locations.bmp or a briefing ini. Briefing are generated from (iirc) the various mission data cats

We have to ask this next question, as there's a lot of pirated/warez installers running around, so don't be offended:

Where did you get SF2V? Direct download from 3rdWire??? If so, I'd uninstall the ENTIRE SF2 set up (not just the mods folder), reinstall ALL your SF2s games, and start completely fresh. There is something very wrong going on in your install

• Like 1

thank you for the response

it all works well now, i have got all the installs for loooooong time, it has always been working like a streak 

something really weird has happened no idea what it was, it`s gone mad at the Vietnam terrain for no obvious reason, did fresh reinstalls twice, gave me the rats. the idea sparked to install sf2v (alone) a separate folder, gone through the updates up to 2011, there it is, back to downtown! 

"gave me the rats" !!!! that is hysterical!! I have to remember that, and use it!!:lol:

I'm glad it back working!!

• Haha 1