Hi Everyone,

Welcome to this new layout  - thanks to Erik.

We hope to be posting more here soon regarding WOFF BH&H2 (and WOTR in the WOTR forum).

Edited by Polovski
  • Like 4

Nice to see OBD active again on the CombatAce forums Pol. Welcome back.

Cheers,

Von S :smile:

On 3/3/2021 at 2:37 PM, VonS said:

Nice to see OBD active again on the CombatAce forums Pol. Welcome back.

Cheers,

Seems pretty quiet.  Is anyone else lurking around here Vons?  

I am here, but mostly for SF2.

I follow news aboutWOFF on simhq

19 hours ago, Hellshade said:

Seems pretty quiet.  Is anyone else lurking around here Vons?  

I think that most WOFFers are over on the SimHQ threads - it is mostly FE2/SF2 fliers who also have WOFF, and who pop in here from time to time.

WOOOO HOOOO!!!  For both the soon-to-be-released BHaH II and for bringing it back here to our old Home Sweet Home!  :smile:

I'm here chaps... don't know how I got here but I'm here.

The videos are great! Can't wait for the day to come when it's released...  :drinks:

I’m here also,it’s been far too long (Had to change my password I’d forgotten it :shok:..I hope we’re coming home I really do. 

Thanks Hellshade,Creaghorn for the pics and vids, absolute quality don’t know if it’s just me but the images always seem better here on CA.

Big thanks has always to Pol,and Winding man for your tireless work in continuing to bring us what is arguably going to be OBD,s best work to date, I look forwards to flying with you for many years too come :good:

First post here - will have to work on building up my post count.  Good to hear the "FIRM" date for the release.  Been looking forward to it.  Just completed a clean Windows 10 install on my system. Been having fun redoing the configurations for the games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Winder said:

Yeah welcome to our new home!

WM

Brilliant WM, absolutely brilliant  Best wishes and all the best with BHAH II you guys deserve every success. :good:

Well, this all sounds so promising. Hope we don't loose all the useful Tech, Mods, and helpful threads we created over at SimHQ while we have been there. Hopefully all the good stuff can be ported back over here.

40 minutes ago, rjw said:

Well, this all sounds so promising. Hope we don't loose all the useful Tech, Mods, and helpful threads we created over at SimHQ while we have been there. Hopefully all the good stuff can be ported back over here.

It would probably be worth it just to not be over there...A lot of it can probably be reconstituted fairly quickly...

16 minutes ago, Rick Rawlings said:

It would probably be worth it just to not be over there...A lot of it can probably be reconstituted fairly quickly...

I hope so as well because there are so many good threads and resources over there on SimHQ that should be transferred here if the move is official. Another great thing about the CombatAce forums is that it is so much easier to post screenshots here than at SimHQ via that strange link/embed/hide-pic.-in-other-post thing that many have to resort to, especially in the DiD Campaigns threads. Again, welcome back to CombatAce!

Cheers all,

Von S :buba:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.

49 minutes ago, Rick Rawlings said:

Speaking technically and in general so as to not to take the wind from the devs, moving specific content is not possible, that I am aware of. A forum board like this one is many pieces so you can't pick pieces out of the whole and move them. The whole can be moved as a whole but it can't be separated or merged with another whole. Users can recreate content by copy paste but it's never really the same.

1 hour ago, Erik said:

Speaking technically and in general so as to not to take the wind from the devs, moving specific content is not possible, that I am aware of. A forum board like this one is many pieces so you can't pick pieces out of the whole and move them. The whole can be moved as a whole but it can't be separated or merged with another whole. Users can recreate content by copy paste but it's never really the same.

Understood, but I think a fair amount would be cut and paste-able. The main points in the skinning thread for example were merged by me into one post and could be pulled over fairly quickly. A lot of older video links over there don't work since they updated the forums anyway, so it's just as easy to update the links there as here. Wait! Strike that: reverse it!

1 hour ago, VonS said:

I hope so as well because there are so many good threads and resources over there on SimHQ that should be transferred here if the move is official. Another great thing about the CombatAce forums is that it is so much easier to post screenshots here than at SimHQ via that strange link/embed/hide-pic.-in-other-post thing that many have to resort to, especially in the DiD Campaigns threads. Again, welcome back to CombatAce!

Cheers all,

Von S :buba:

I am a bit unclear about how the image posting works, you have a limited amount of space before you need to host off-site? Here's an old one of mine...man, it's been a while!

post-45922-1236406104_thumb.jpg

@RR, I think it was largely an aesthetic trick that is/was used on the SimHQ threads for WOFF - Lou probably knows more about how it’s done - something to the effect of uploading pics. to very old posts that are way down in the threads, but then embedding those pics. themselves  in fresh posts - that way you end up with embedded pics., but no mini-pics. present as attachments at the bottom of said fresh posts. Most likely it has nothing to do with disk quotas over on SimHQ. In terms of quotas here on CombatAce, I think it depends on the rank of the user profile (new member, valued, modder, etc.).

Cheers,

Von S

4 hours ago, Rick Rawlings said:

Understood, but I think a fair amount would be cut and paste-able. The main points in the skinning thread for example were merged by me into one post and could be pulled over fairly quickly. A lot of older video links over there don't work since they updated the forums anyway, so it's just as easy to update the links there as here. Wait! Strike that: reverse it!

Everyone can feel free to utilize the resources that are here. If you'd like to move something over then be all means go ahead. If we need to create another forum listing for that stuff I'm happy to do it. Just let me know what you need.

Additionally if anyone runs into issues logging in because you've been away for a long time, submit a support ticket and I'll help you directly. I would recommend that everyone makes sure their email addresses are up to date. https://combatace.com/settings/   A new addition to our system is an automated system that notifies members of outdated email accounts because we've received a bounce. It will suspend old accounts with bad email addresses so make sure they are updated. Additionally you can change your notification settings in your account settings panel.

Thanks

3 hours ago, VonS said:

@RR, I think it was largely an aesthetic trick that is/was used on the SimHQ threads for WOFF - Lou probably knows more about how it’s done - something to the effect of uploading pics. to very old posts that are way down in the threads, but then embedding those pics. themselves  in fresh posts - that way you end up with embedded pics., but no mini-pics. present as attachments at the bottom of said fresh posts. Most likely it has nothing to do with disk quotas over on SimHQ. In terms of quotas here on CombatAce, I think it depends on the rank of the user profile (new member, valued, modder, etc.).

Cheers,

Von S

You can also manage your attachments if your space is full by removing older ones. https://combatace.com/attachments/

You can make full use of our gallery as well. Photos in the gallery can be linked directly into your posts. Yes it's more cumbersome but there's no limit on space.

VonS is right though your allotted space you can use on disk is defined by your account. The higher level accounts have more space and more perks.

• Like 2

It's good to finally be back home Erik, the site looks fantastic btw, and with BHaH II on the horizon the'll be more of us dropping by in the weeks/months to come.

Thank you again stay safe :salute:

Edited by Adger
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adger said:

It's good to finally be back home Erik, the site looks fantastic btw, and with BHaH II on the horizon the'll be more of us dropping by in the weeks/months to come.

Thank you again stay safe :salute:

I definitely missed you guys, glad we could help just by keeping the lights on. Mi casa es su casa. 

• Like 2

Hallo all here on CA,

it's my first posting after my account yesterday, so let me say at first "Hallo".

Some of you (or more:biggrin:) know me from SimHQ-WOFF/WOTR. Because Pol has said we are back at CA ... I can imagine, that this forum will be the base for BH&HII probably. 

The first impression of the OBD-forum here is a good one. I like the background, it has atmosphere!

See you later and Greetings.

Edited by Becker04
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1