Sign in to follow this  
Chugster

Anyone have the Tam Super Hornet patch file for Janes F/A-18?

Cant find it anywhere, all google search results lead nowhere  or to dodgy downloads

Also, whilst trying to find the above patch i read  that there was an all in one Zip file, (again downloads were broken) presumably made by the same people, that let you install a working version...if anyone has that then that would be even better

nice, feel like I am getting close to running it, found a DXWND file that runs it but has issues with the mouse not showing up.

I will give it one more try with the TSH patch....if that doesnt work I will give up on Janes F/A-18...these issues along with the fact that physical copies only seem available overseas and are too expensive are really putting me off this particular sim.

Oh and thanks for the EF2000 file, I also got the TAW file from on here so have plenty to try

Edited by Chugster

Bah, the patch works...kinda, on its own it has the same issue as before which is crashing when you go to fly, i can still load the game with the DXWND file but I still have the absent mouse issue, which seems to require a random amount of alt-tabbing and alt-enter-ing before it shows up if at all.

Its a shame as the virtual cockpit in the Janes sim seems much better than the one in Digital Integration's...maybe I should just give up these old sims. buy the DCS F18.

Whats the trouble with Janes F/A-18 ? on my system it works fine with patch asnd without. Windows 7 x64

1 minute ago, bazillius said:

Whats the trouble with Janes F/A-18 ? on my system it works fine with patch asnd without. Windows 7 x64

It crashes whenever you click the 'Fly' button...this is on Win 10

Edited by Chugster

strange. My games work very stable. Jane's FA-18, Interplay FA-18E both work wery nice

its something to do with the graphics, if I run it with a DGVoodoo wrapper the game uses the voodoo driver, it runs but at max 1024x768. If I run it from the normal F18.exe the ingame driver says 'primary display driver' I can get a better resolution but it crashes when it goes to load the flight engine.

Not sure how else I can run it...what compatability settings are you using?

8 hours ago, Chugster said:

Not sure how else I can run it...what compatability settings are you using?

i use nothing special. i just start from f18.exe. My resolution is 1920x1080 (same as the desctop) set through patch

https://prnt.sc/10vqofp

You can try to run through PCEM on windows 98. i run without it but i am sure it can fix the probleb but resolution will be 800x600

I think it might be a win 10 thing. I might try installing win 7 on an old machine. 

If I can run F18 on that I will maybe run a dual boot on my main pc