Hello fellow WOFFers,

Thought I’d open this separate thread for a future mods-compatibility list for the ver. of BH&H 2 (WOFF) that will be released soon. Becker is welcome to make use of this thread for his long mods-compatibility list that is currently hosted on the WOFF threads over on SimHQ. I will also use this thread to update regarding my FM mods., GPU Tuner Patch, etc., in the future and time-permitting.

For convenience and simplicity, I encourage everyone who is a member/user of CombatAce to post mods-related questions for BH&H 2 WOFF under this thread, since it will be easier to find mod-compatibility info. that way. While most WOFF-related mods. are available via Sandbagger’s site for WOFF addons, this thread will hopefully prove helpful for compatibility questions, info. regarding release of new mods. not hosted on Sandbagger’s site, etc. - and ideally will become a centralized hub for mod-related topics since there are too many mod-related threads over on the SimHQ forums for WOFF and it becomes confusing/discouraging to navigate for new WOFF fliers who might wish to load up quickly on WOFF goodies and fly.

OBD, feel free to delete this thread if you will be posting a separate stickied thread for mod-compatibility questions, etc.

For those interested in downloading my FM tweaks packages for the Ultimate and Platinum Eds. of WOFF, as well as GPU Tuner Patches for the Platinum Ed., including for WOTR Phase One, and the small FM tweaks package for WOTR Phase One - please see the link included immediately below. Those WOFF-related packages are not compatible with the latest, BH&H 2 edition unless otherwise indicated in this thread. I am currently busy with work and other duties, so my limited modding time will be devoted only to First Eagles 2 for the foreseeable future.

Tweaks Packages for Previous Eds. of WOFF, etc.

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-780879

Cheers all,

Von S :buba:

Edited by VonS
Added link to previous tweaks packages and other info.
  • Like 4

Thank you @VonS !

You have mentioned all necessary things. I'm new on CA, so let's find the best way for the user to get an overview about the BH&HII-mods.

Greetings

• Thanks 1

Great stuff guys, With BHaH II on the horizon and WOTR hopefully getting some love in he coming months then a place for the mods is an excellent idea.

• Thanks 1

Hello fellow WOFFers,

Just a quick update to this mods-compatibility list thread - namely, that Redwolf is currently testing my WOFF GPU Tuner Patch and it is most likely compatible with the BHAH.II edition. Time-permitting, he will also be testing the WOTR GPU Tuner Patch in BHAH.II, and results will be released as to which one is better, for those who are interested in patching/modding  the latest WOFF on their rigs.

In terms of my FM Tweaks Packages, they are incompatible with BHAH.II. To explain, FM changes in BHAH.II operate "under the hood," so to speak, while stock FM performance data across the xfm files is identical in UE/PE and BHAH.II editions of WOFF, and therefore continues to be moddable. However - seven or eight extra "scrape point" entries have been included in the xfm files in BHAH.II (total of 18 or 19 scrape points), when compared with the 11 or so scrape-point entries in UE/PE WOFF. Scrape points provide ambient rumbling sounds and other goodies when taxiing, ascending, alighting - they also provide aircraft contact points with the ground, further additions to the damage modeling, etc.

So, in short, 7 or 8 ambient sounds may be lost while taxiing, and aircraft may also lose the ability to belly land, to lose wheels/gear assemblies, and so on, with my FM mods loaded - my recommendation therefore is to fly stock BHAH.II FMs for the foreseeable future. Currently I have no time to update the xfm files since it will require copying-over of the extra, 7 or 8 scrape point entries in the newer xfm files into more than 500 tweaked xfm files (11 xfm files per aircraft, total of about 50 tweaked aircraft in my FM packages).

EDIT: Important changes included in post above, Apr. 9, 2021. (Thanks Pol for the extra info.)

Happy flying,
Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Added info./edited post.
  • Thanks 1

Thanks VonS and Redwolf for testing,  I love the new sounds so for now I’m keeping stock.

also I feel even though I lose a few FPS, the whole experience feels smoother than ever so I don’t even notice the loss. Cheers again guys.

regards

Adger.

• Like 1

Originally posted on simhq:

I can confirm that v. 2.02 of the Historical Weather mod is fully compatible with BHaH2! Activate the usual way, with JSGME.

I have also looked at the OCM, and it also appears to be compatible, although a few features will not be fully implemented until JJJ's Mission Editor is made compatible with BHaH2. OBD also made a few minor changes to a few cloud files, but that does not appear to affect whether the mod works or not.

Now that BHaH2 is out, I also plan to update the OCM in another of my continuing efforts to cut back on the annoying cloud popping and flashing. For this, I would like to benefit from your assistance. The next time you fly a campaign mission where you encounter significant cloud popping or flashing, whether you use the cloud mod or not, please reply to my Optional Cloud mod thread at simhq, briefly describe the problem, and then attach a copy of the OFFDynamicMissionWeather.xml file to your post. This will help me to identify the clouds which are contributing the most to this problem. Just make sure to copy the file before you fly the next mission, because the OFFDynamicMissionWeather file changes when you click the button to start your next mission.

This will really help me to solve this nagging problem. Thanks to any and all who participate.

Edited by BuckeyeBob
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff BOB, your cloud mods are fantastic, quick question..in cloud fog off or on in workshop? Does it make much difference regarding any popping / flashing ? Cheers pal.

Cheers, Adger!

I do not believe the in cloud effect has any effect on cloud popping, so it should just be a matter of preference. It might take a point or two off of frame rates, if any, but no more than that, and I haven't tested that, so take what I just said with a pinch of salt.

BTW, how was that pint of Guinness? :drinks:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BuckeyeBob said:

Cheers, Adger!

I do not believe the in cloud effect has any effect on cloud popping, so it should just be a matter of preference. It might take a point or two off of frame rates, if any, but no more than that, and I haven't tested that, so take what I just said with a pinch of salt.

BTW, how was that pint of Guinness? :drinks:

Cheers Bob, the FOUR pints of Guinness I had went down a treat pal :drinks: :stars:  :biggrin:

Hello WOFFers,

For those interested in a ReShade imitation of my SweetFX shaders tweaks done previously for WOFF 4.18 and earlier, see the post below:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-782377

The ReShade package is for WOFF 4.21 and higher but may be used in earlier variants, and is also AMD-vid. card friendly (took a while to get it working on AMD but all is well now in the land of simulated emerald meadows). More info. and instructions at the link included.

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.

Hello again WOFFers,

Those interested in improving FPS in BH&H 2, eliminating blue triangles when flying at lower alts., also other little things like improved glass reflection in cockpits, etc., might want to check over the "FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package" linked under the following post ("Read Me" file included in the package):

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-783155

Info./instructions for how to install BH&H 2 both in WineSkin and Windows, on a Mac, are now available under the long WOFF-on-Mac post on SimHQ, as well as in a separate thread here on CombatAce.

EDIT: the base FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package has been updated to Ver. 1.1 (Nov. 9, 2021).

Cheers all,

Edited by VonS
Edited post.

Hello WOFFers,

Another brief update to this thread - was enjoying BH&H2 further today and, on a hunch, since it reminds me so much of the venerable UE 4.18 for stability - I installed the "Full Tree Populated Airfields Mod (Version 3.0)" by Panama Red into it, via JSGME - and from what I could observe it works well - does not jar too much against the stock BH&H2 landscape.

And the other good thing is that it is lighter on resources than the big "Consolidated Airfields Mod.," thereby preserving higher FPS in BH&H2 - anyway, something to think about if you would like to have airfield figures and various aircraft at 'dromes, but without the overhead of the big, consolidated pack - I'm running the consolidated pack in my FrankenWOFF 4.18, but the lighter variant mod. seems a good choice, among other mods., for BH&H2 - couple of representative pics. below.

(Also included one pic. to show what mods. I'm currently running in BH&H2 - so far they have not popped up any errors - and the install is stable. Those individual airfield mods. you see loaded are also from the UE-era of WOFF: some are still available on Sandbagger's website, others have been incorporated into the big consolidated airfields mod.)

Happy flying,

pic1.thumb.jpg.4ac808d6f276c433cadb708a7e16e9c1.jpg

pic2.thumb.jpg.35d7b0e3b741ccbf0e18f51f5f93727a.jpg

BHAH2modslistVonS.jpg.3d1aa5dccc050fbd6eb0ec4929b2a6f5.jpg

Edited by VonS
Added info.
  • Thanks 1

FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2 now available at the following link. (Upgrades the previous, ver. 6.5 FM pack that is available for WOFF UE/PE.)

Cheers all,

Very brief update to this thread that the FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package for BH&H2 has been upgraded to Version 1.1 (link available a few posts above this one).

Cheers all,

And one more small update to this thread - the FrankenMiniTuner Ver. 1.2 (add-on) to the WOTR and BH&H2 Enhancement Packages is now included under this post. Install directions included there. The MiniTuner helps to squeeze out a bit more FPS when loaded after the base Enhancement Packages - JSGME-friendly versions of the MiniTuner are included both for BH&H2 and WOTR in the relevant zipped file.

Cheers all,

And, yes, one more even smaller update to this thread - the FrankenBHAH Enhancement Hardcore Addon Ver. 1.15 for the BH&H2 Enhancement Package (not for the WOTR Package) is now included under this post. Install directions may be found in the "Read Me" file that accompanies this very small addon. In short, the Hardcore Addon makes for more challenging regular flying, and dogfights, in BH&H2 (more engine failures, more wiry opponents, etc.).

Cheers all,

Brief update to this thread: a small FM Addon Package (Ver. 1.1) has been included for BH&H2 under this post. The package includes the Benz-powered (early) Alb. D.1, as well as the SPAD 17 (300 hp). For the WOFF UE/PE version of the addon package, see instead this post under the same thread.

Cheers all,

• Like 1

Thank You VonS for all you do!

Happy Christmas ole chum!

Seb

• Thanks 1

Technically not a mod. update - but I have now included my tinkered/subtle settings files, for BH&H2/WOTR and WOFF UE (up to 4.18) - and that I use with FaceTrackNoir (Ver. 2.x.x) - under the following post. More info. provided under that post, as well as in the included "Read Me" file.

Cheers all,

Brief update to this thread - a small FM Addon Package (Ver. 1.2) has been included for BH&H2 under this post. The package includes an early variant of the Aviatik B.I (replaces the stock B.I and is a bit more historical with regard to top speed, etc.). For the WOFF UE/PE version of the same addon, please see the relevant link under this post in the same thread.

Cheers all,

Latest update to this thread - a small FM Addon Package (Ver. 1.3) has been included for BH&H2 under this post. The package contains a Fokker-built D.VII with the Mercedes D.III(au) engine of estimated 200 HP, and which replaces the stock D.VII in WOFF/BH&H2. Load either the 200 HP variant or the early 180 HP variant - not both at once. The tweak is also available for WOFF UE/PE - see the relevant link under the BH&H2 FM post to get to the other post in the same thread for WOFF UE/PE FM downloads.

Cheers all,

Edited by VonS
Edited post.

And one more, probably final update to this thread - please find at the following link an AI-tuner mod. that attempts to bring in and/or combine some of the AI routines and maneuvers of the WoFF UE/PE generation with the BH&H2 series.

On another note: it's finally time to hang up the modding hat and to do other things - I will of course continue flying the excellent WoFF series by OBD, but I think there are now plenty of GPU Tuner mods., AI-routine mods., and of course FM mods. too, available for the WoFF series, and to keep everyone entertained in the (un)friendly skies in our favorite sim.

Cheers all and happy flying,

Brief update to this thread - instead of opening a separate post, I thought that it would be best to bump this particular thread up with fresh(er) technical info. regarding WoFFing on AMD-vid cards. Those who are sometimes troubled by flashing and/or dark terrain tiles in WoFF on AMD video might wish to have a gander at this article located at the bottom of the WoFF FM and other mods. support thread, wherein I outline an X79 server build and a few tips/tricks that might help to resolve any oddities if WoFFing on AMD GPUs. Will also update regarding this under the relevant AMD thread on SimHQ if I have not already done so.

Cheers all & good WoFFing to you,

:smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.