Hello everyone,

I am working on a new menu for SF2.  It is a slow WIP.  I will share the progress here.  For now, I have created two screens as my rough draft / conceptual arts.  I am working on creating 3D looking buttons and Is still learning how to edit .ini files from various menu mods.  I always wanted a Jane's Fighter Anthology style GUI / Menu for SF2. 

Now I have decided to give it a try!  Here are screenshots

SF2 Main Menu
unknown.png?width=1221&height=702

Mission Briefing (WIP, I am still tweaking and adding a few more items)
unknown.png?width=1238&height=702

Here are three versions of buttons:  Regular, mouse hovering over it, and mouse clicking.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Feedback are always appreciated.  

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Great! This is like playing US Navy fighters again. We would like to see more menu pics (single mission screen, campaign, options, etc...)

Good job!

• Like 1

Everyone, thank you for the feedback!

UPDATE:
I managed to learn the tricks to add the 'photo' to the briefing screen.  I am working on next screen now.

SP.png

• Like 1

Here is a new hangar screen (WIP).  I am still adding more buttons. I am still contemplating on the colors of buttons.  Please add feedback / ideas here. 

Hangar.png

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 3

I have realized something about the hangar screen:

1) The add-on mods have their own hangar image files

2) Even if I make a new default hangar, it will be overwritten by many mods

3) I will have to make sure I match SF2 text / button position so all add-on aircraft's own hangar will work with my new GUI for hangar screen.

4) Making an instruction on how to apply new GUI over add-on aircraft custom hangar

Solution:  (UPDATED: 3/31/2021) 
I will leave SF2's hangar text and button text position intact, so it will be compatible with any add-on aircraft's custom hangar picture.

Edited by Eagle114th

by making new custom hangar/hangars you might encourage modders to use your background in their work.

2 hours ago, Eagle114th said:

Making a custom hangar for add-on aircraft is a lot of work

making a custom aircraft model is also a lot of work....still some guys around here are doing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

By making new custom hangar/hangars you might encourage modders to use your background in their work.

Making a custom aircraft model is also a lot of work....still some guys around here are doing it.

What I will do is to apply the new hangar GUI on all an existing flyable SF2 aircraft's hangar screen.

That along with an instruction as mentioned above.  That way, anyone with Microsoft PowerPoint will be able to apply the new GUI on top of the add-on aircraft's hangar screen then save it as .jpg or .png image file.

Thank you for the feedback.  It inspired me to do my best with the new menu mod!  I am using my passion to pour a lot of details into this mod.  I will go ahead and do a lot of work on this mod for the community.

I figured a way to make a simple instruction on how to apply a new GUI to any add-on's hangar aircraft.  I will add it in the new SF2 menu mod pack as an option.  It will take a few steps by using Microsoft PowerPoint.

At the same time, I am going to apply a new hangar GUI over an existing SF2 aircraft.

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 1

Looking good,  I like what I see.

• Like 1

I re-designed the hangar screen from scratch again.  This time, I am able to properly align it with SF2's default text and button location.  Now with this being successfully, I am going to start replacing text and text button with new menu's text and 3D buttons. 

I also ran some tests to see if I can use PowerPoint to quickly place the new frame over an existing image, then save it as .jpg format to see if it works smoothly, which it did!

Here is my initial testing with F-8J:

img00011.jpg

UPDATE:

I am re-doing the black / yellow strips.  Turns out it needs more polishing to get rid of jagged edge.  As soon the new updated GUI is done, i will re-upload the new picture of hanger screen. 

Edited by Eagle114th

Hello everyone,

Thank to the feedback from friends and the community, here are improved, finalized version of hangar screen and buttons:

SF2-Screen-HANGAR

Button-HANGAR

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 2

Can you do them in 2560x1440 resolution ?

Here is a new LOADOUT screen.  Feedback are appreciated as always.

SF2-Screen-LOADOUT

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, UllyB said:

Can you do them in 2560x1440 resolution ?

I will see what I can do after the project is completed.  For now, it is in 1920 x 1080.

The planning screen is still WIP.   The feedback and/or suggestions are appreciated, as always.  Here is a screenshot:

SF2-Screen-PLANNING

9 hours ago, Eagle114th said:

I will see what I can do after the project is completed.  For now, it is in 1920 x 1080.

thank you, keep up the good work.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

There are some further improvement made on the LOADOUT screen:

SF2-Screen-LOADOUT

The PLANNING screen is completed now:

SF2-Screen-PLANNING

The ROSTER screen is also completed:

SF2-Screen-ROSTER

There are further improvement made on the buttons:

Button-HANGAR

I am moving on to the next screen, starting with the campaign.

• Like 1

Man, they´re awesome! Hope it´s available soon!

• Like 1

Here is a new initial loading screen for SF2 (Before you load SF2 main menu) I created it as a gift to TK for his hard work creating simulations / games. Please let me know which one looks the best:

VERSION #1
SF2_Screen_-_Initial_1.png

VERSION #2
SF2_Screen_-_Initial_2.png

I like version 2

• Like 1

Version 2 ! :good:

• Like 1

Version 2 please!

Also finally someone is bringing the Fighters Anthology spirit to SF2!  I always thought the draw of both games was/is the ability to work with a wide diversity of assets & theatres with some realism!  Leave the cockpit button pushing to DC$ - which I love also!

Edited by JosefK
  • Like 1

I updated Roster screen with a new background picture.  I didn't like how there is 'cloudy' background.  Here is screenshot of older version:

SF2-Screen-ROSTER-1

Here is newer version with an office desk background with a coffee mug.

SF2-Screen-ROSTER-2

I like it so far!  it made it feel like you are sitting on a desk looking at the information about pilots (Roster). The feedback are always welcomed.  If there are a different pictures I can try, let me know.

By the way, here is a new Pilot Records screen too:

SF2-Screen-PILOT-RECORDS

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kosmo92

View File SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music
      SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music.
      19 pieces 1920x1080 
      4 wav file

Submitter kosmo92 Submitted 04/01/2023 Category Menus  
    • By kosmo92
      SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music.
      19 pieces 1920x1080 
      4 wav file

• By Menrva

View File Wings Over World Menu Screens
      Wings Over World Menu Screens 
      January 13th, 2019 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2 games
      This package is my personal conversion of the beautiful Strike Fighters: Project One menu screens, with a number of enhancements for use in Strike Fighters 2. The main menu screen is a reworked version of the NACA Main Screen released by Camouflage (Checksix-fr.com). The title I chose for the main menu screen is "Strike Fighters: Wings Over World", in honor of the old WOE/WOV/WOI series of SF1 games. I find this name suitable for those who have a large mod folder spanning different world scenarios.
      Here below a quick summary of enhancements and additions:
      -All the music tracks from the SF games have been included; now there's a unique track for each screen.
      -Hangar Screen has got the hangar noise sounds which were present in the SF1 games.
      -Option to turn Lens Flare off as in the SF1 games is back.
      -Opportunity to change pilot at the Campaign Screen is reintroduced, as in the SF1 games.
      -Briefing Screen has been reintroduced for eye-candy (it has a small string "bug" with certain missions, since ThirdWire's removal of the FAC mission type).
      -Added generic _briefing.ini files for all the stock SF2 terrains (terrains without a _briefing.ini file might cause CTDs when accessing the Briefing Screen).
      -Added the missing PILOTPIC25 bitmap which is available in the SF1 games.
      -Loading Screen shows a generic runway and a new, longer loading sound is used.
      -Mission Editor DLC is supported with a new screen in the same style of the other screens.
      -Campaign Customizer DLC is supported with a new screen in the same style of the other screens.
      -Disabled unnecessary functions of the the System Menu, such as accessing ThirdWire's online site for viewing the game manual.
      As a bonus, the package includes 42 single missions taking place across all theatres of the SF2 series; most of them have been made by ThirdWire and released in their SF1 games. Five single missions are Instant Action scenarios of Strike Fighters 2, which I converted to be choosable and playable in the Single Missions Screen. Additional missions include historical scenarios created by guyran for the Israel theater. I renamed all single missions to use a nicer naming convention. Needless to say, all SF2 titles must be installed to be able to play all the missions.
      In addition, I have tweaked some Flight folder files to improve the realism of the game's HUD and in-game map. Since users may not like such changes, those files are not included by default, they must be installed manually. They can be found inside the "(Additional Tweaks)" folder. Here below a quick summary of changes they bring:
      -Disabled all the unuseful Labels when viewing the in-game map.
      -Disabled the arcade cones; lock your target and press F4 to visually track it.
      -Tweaked icons' colours so that they match the text's colours.
      -The in-game text background is less noticeable.
      -Text's font is now different, it is generally smaller and less obtrusive.
      -No more red and blue arcade squares when locking objects on; a faint yellow square is now used.
      -The white triangle showing the next waypoint is now a faint yellow, unlike the default strong white.
      -Disabled the radar box display; check the radar of your plane's cockpit, instead.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -ThirdWire, for the fantastic menu screens which are included in the stock SFP1 game.
      -kout, for the System Menu icon I have taken from his SF1 Grey Main Menu Replacement mod.
      -Camouflage, for the NACA Main Screen (still available at the archives of Checksix-fr.com), which I have reworked.
      -HomeFries, for the planning map enhancements available in his Semi-Transparent Map Icons package.
      -Viper63a, for the Loading sound, which I got from one of his menu mods.
      -paulopanz, for collecting and updating guyran's WOI custom missions properly to SF2 standards.
      -guyran, for the original custom missions he created for Wings Over Israel.
      -KJakker, for his interest and welcome support.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      Any changes to the package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This mod may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 01/13/2019 Category Menus  
    • By Menrva
      Wings Over World Menu Screens 
      January 13th, 2019 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2 games
      This package is my personal conversion of the beautiful Strike Fighters: Project One menu screens, with a number of enhancements for use in Strike Fighters 2. The main menu screen is a reworked version of the NACA Main Screen released by Camouflage (Checksix-fr.com). The title I chose for the main menu screen is "Strike Fighters: Wings Over World", in honor of the old WOE/WOV/WOI series of SF1 games. I find this name suitable for those who have a large mod folder spanning different world scenarios.
      Here below a quick summary of enhancements and additions:
      -All the music tracks from the SF games have been included; now there's a unique track for each screen.
      -Hangar Screen has got the hangar noise sounds which were present in the SF1 games.
      -Option to turn Lens Flare off as in the SF1 games is back.
      -Opportunity to change pilot at the Campaign Screen is reintroduced, as in the SF1 games.
      -Briefing Screen has been reintroduced for eye-candy (it has a small string "bug" with certain missions, since ThirdWire's removal of the FAC mission type).
      -Added generic _briefing.ini files for all the stock SF2 terrains (terrains without a _briefing.ini file might cause CTDs when accessing the Briefing Screen).
      -Added the missing PILOTPIC25 bitmap which is available in the SF1 games.
      -Loading Screen shows a generic runway and a new, longer loading sound is used.
      -Mission Editor DLC is supported with a new screen in the same style of the other screens.
      -Campaign Customizer DLC is supported with a new screen in the same style of the other screens.
      -Disabled unnecessary functions of the the System Menu, such as accessing ThirdWire's online site for viewing the game manual.
      As a bonus, the package includes 42 single missions taking place across all theatres of the SF2 series; most of them have been made by ThirdWire and released in their SF1 games. Five single missions are Instant Action scenarios of Strike Fighters 2, which I converted to be choosable and playable in the Single Missions Screen. Additional missions include historical scenarios created by guyran for the Israel theater. I renamed all single missions to use a nicer naming convention. Needless to say, all SF2 titles must be installed to be able to play all the missions.
      In addition, I have tweaked some Flight folder files to improve the realism of the game's HUD and in-game map. Since users may not like such changes, those files are not included by default, they must be installed manually. They can be found inside the "(Additional Tweaks)" folder. Here below a quick summary of changes they bring:
      -Disabled all the unuseful Labels when viewing the in-game map.
      -Disabled the arcade cones; lock your target and press F4 to visually track it.
      -Tweaked icons' colours so that they match the text's colours.
      -The in-game text background is less noticeable.
      -Text's font is now different, it is generally smaller and less obtrusive.
      -No more red and blue arcade squares when locking objects on; a faint yellow square is now used.
      -The white triangle showing the next waypoint is now a faint yellow, unlike the default strong white.
      -Disabled the radar box display; check the radar of your plane's cockpit, instead.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -ThirdWire, for the fantastic menu screens which are included in the stock SFP1 game.
      -kout, for the System Menu icon I have taken from his SF1 Grey Main Menu Replacement mod.
      -Camouflage, for the NACA Main Screen (still available at the archives of Checksix-fr.com), which I have reworked.
      -HomeFries, for the planning map enhancements available in his Semi-Transparent Map Icons package.
      -Viper63a, for the Loading sound, which I got from one of his menu mods.
      -paulopanz, for collecting and updating guyran's WOI custom missions properly to SF2 standards.
      -guyran, for the original custom missions he created for Wings Over Israel.
      -KJakker, for his interest and welcome support.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      Any changes to the package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This mod may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
    • By Eagle114th

View File Screen Overhaul - (1920 x 1080)
      Strike Fighter Project 2 – Screen Overhaul v1.2 Customizable Edition

The new version of SF2 Screen Overhaul 1.2 is now released.  Here is the following screen this mod completely overhaul:

-          Main screen
      -          Single mission screen
      -          Mission editor screen
      -          Hangar (Default) screen
      -          Loadout screen
      -          Planning screen
      -          Roster screen
      -          Campaign screen
      -          Campaign editor screen
      -          Pilot records screen
      -          Options screen

It does not yet cover another screen.  It is work in progress (WIP) for now.  What I am seeking for is feedback that will help me improving the mod further. It is one of my biggest projects I ever worked on for SF2. It gave me opportunity to grow a new skill I enjoy doing. 

NOTE:  Now that SF2 Screen Overhaul is becoming a customizable version. If you make any mods that adds or change anything to this mod, please add my name and mod name to your credit part.

You can contact me by PM in CombatAce (I am known as Eagle114th there) or Strike fighter series Discord chat (My username is Magic Dragon, so you can find me there too.)

Version 1.2 NOTES:

Buttons customization instruction:
      In Menu folder (SF2 mod folder), you will see various SF2 screen named as “BUTTONS_HANGAR, MAIN, OPTIONS, etc...), there are folders for each button.  In order, to change the color of buttons, go to one of button folder, you will see different folders for various color.  Copy the file from there and overwrite the files in any BUTTONS_(SCREEN) folder.

For example, in BUTTONS_HANGAR, if I want to change the color of “LOADOUT” square button to blue; I go to the folder “LOADOUT”, then “Blue” folder, copy the files: LOADOUT0.bmp, LOADOUT1.bmp, and LOADOUT2.bmp.  Then I paste (Overwrite) the files in BUTTONS_HANGAR.

Screens and Buttons customization Templates
      In different “BUTTONS_(different screen names)”, there are folder “_Templates’.  You can use it to change the designs, colors, or anything you want to do with the screen background or buttons. 

This mod uses a font known as Orbitron.  I included it in _Fonts folder.

I want to express my sincerely big THANKS to Menrva, Wrench, UllyB, Daddyairplanes, Wilches, JosefK, FalonCAF, and everyone else in CombatAce community for making this possible.  You all have been a huge help. 

Because of Operation Desert Storm 30 years anniversary great mod, I was able to study the codes on how SF2 menu work, which led me into developing new menu for SF2.  This mod is truly fun to fly in SF2.  If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

There are detailed instruction that explains how to install in the proper ways in README file.  LEASE READ IT BEFORE INSTALLING! 

I included the plans for the next version in the readme too.  

The feedback are always welcomed!

Submitter Eagle114th Submitted 05/18/2021 Category Menus  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..