This is how SF2 and any SF3 should be...

• Like 1

Here is new OPTION screen (WIP).  I would like any feedback on this please.  I am still contemplating about how to improve it further.

SF2-Screen-Option

Here are new materials I created for OPTION screen.  I think it looks good so far. If there is a way I can improve it further, let me know. 

unknown.png

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Thanks 1

i like the dial switch

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

I re-designed a pilot records screen, here is a final version:
SF2-Screen-PILOT-RECORDS

Here is new screen for mission debriefing:
SF2-Screen-DEBRIEF

New campaign screen:
SF2-Screen-CAMPAIGN

• Like 2

Looks very nice, but I'd like the option in Photoshop of changing the sectional map from Vietnam to say... the Kurils or the Middle East :-).

Otherwise, perfection.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JosefK said:

Looks very nice, but I'd like the option in Photoshop of changing the sectional map from Vietnam to say... the Kurils or the Middle East :-).

Otherwise, perfection.

Thank you for the feedback.  At once I release the first version of SF2 new Menu / GUI mod, I am considering adding more different themes / styles for different era / theater. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I have a big update for everyone.  I want to express a big thank to Menrva, Wrench, and everyone in this community for the feedback, advice and helps with the projects.  I finally managed to get a first working main menu in SF2. It was interesting challenges.  I just realized that SF2 engine is not yet able to use .png nor .tga needed, in order, to implement the buttons with transparent background for animation purposes.  However, I managed to figure it in alternative ways of using .bmp (without transparent background).  

I am pleased with the outcome.  Here are screenshots:

Note: Button will brighten when you move a mouse cursor over one of button.
img00010

Note: When you click a button down, it will darken itself.
img00011

Note: I managed to find a way to  move and resize system menu icon.
img00012
img00013

It feels like a big achievement for a first step.  I have more to do, and I am very excited!

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 3

I´m excited too! Pity my wife´s sleeping...:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is an experiment with text for now.  As I dig deeper into how the MENU, GUI, and text work in SF2, the more I realize I could customize a lot of things.  This is an experimental version with a changed font. I like how it looks so far.

img00003

Edited by Eagle114th

2 hours ago, Eagle114th said:

This is an experimental version with a changed font. I like how it looks so far.

Be careful about using custom fonts; you have to make sure that such font type does exist on the OS of end-users. This is why the stock game simply uses Arial, it's one of a series of basic fonts always includes with Windows.

If you plan to use a third-party font, it's no problem, but you'll have to provide end-users with the font type to install.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

Be careful about using custom fonts; you have to make sure that such font type does exist on the OS of end-users. This is why the stock game simply uses Arial, it's one of a series of basic fonts always includes with Windows.

If you plan to use a third-party font, it's no problem, but you'll have to provide end-users with the font type to install.

Noted.  That's the plan.  I will try to keep it simple as possible for installing SF2 new menu / GUI mod. 

Hey pal, in my opinion, your single mission screen looks too much simple and dull when comparing with the others. Almost default. You have skill to make it better.:ok::biggrin:

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Wilches said:

Hey pal, in my opinion, your single mission screen looks too much simple and dull when comparing with the others. Almost default. You have skill to make it better.:ok::biggrin:

Don't worry. It was only an experiment for new font.  I am using a new font (text) for my actual new menu / gui.  As soon I am done with single player, I'll post the picture. 

Thank you for believing in my talents.  That cheers me even more!  :)

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, here is my new single mission screen. It is still work in progress (WIP).  I am currently trying to get my new designed .tga icons / shapes working in SF2. I posted a question in another thread about .tga files.

For now, here is screenshots, I am still re-designing the clipboard and texts on it. For now, all main buttons (except scrollbar with new custom triangle shape.  I am using a default SF2  arrow for now. As soon I finally get .tga files working, I'll replace default icons / shapes with a new one.)

img00005

img00004

Edited by Eagle114th

I have the updates for everyone:

Everything looks good so far.  For now, since I am unable to make my own .tga icon / shapes for now (I posted in another thread about it.  At once when I finally can make my own .tga, I'll replace SF2 with new one. 

At single mission screen, I managed to switch default SF2's icon so it is visible on clipboard paper's background.  Everything looks good so far.

img00010

img00011

The default hanger screen is now completed too.  I have a lot of works to do since I need to apply a new hangar screen on all SF2's planes.  
img00012

The next step is the loadout screen.

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Thanks 1

Just an idea. You can replace the inside hangar view with some real ones like this

Pearson-Air-Museum-interior-view-with-hanger-doors-open.jpg?maxwidth=1200&maxheight=1200&autorotate=false

or some others. 

• Like 3

with or without picnic tables??

:lol:

• Haha 2

Sh%T!!! I didn´t notice that!!! It´s just for an example. You brat!!!:rofl:

• Haha 2

BTW, a pitcher of Bud Light and two corns in a cob would be fine!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wilches said:

Just an idea. You can replace the inside hangar view with some real ones like this

Pearson-Air-Museum-interior-view-with-hanger-doors-open.jpg?maxwidth=1200&maxheight=1200&autorotate=false

or some others. 

Thank you for the ideas!  What I am going to do, which will make it easy for anyone to convert their custom hangar pictures to work with the new SF2 menu:

I am going to create a template (UI).  So that way, when people use any picture, can use my template to apply the UI on top of it then save it.  However, since new SF2 Menu is designed in 1920 x 1080, so it must be saved in that resolution for now.

Edited by Eagle114th

15 hours ago, Wrench said:

with or without picnic tables??

LOLOLOL!!! That is good one!  You gave me a good laugh. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I have the new updates about the new LOADOUT screen:

Not only I used a new font, I also changed the color.  That way, with the quick glance, you could grasp the different elements on the screen quickly.  
img00015

I also changed the color of texts when you interface with the texts.
img00016

Even the re-sized / re-located SF2 icon (System menu) works well!
img00017

img00018

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kosmo92

View File SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music
      SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music.
      19 pieces 1920x1080 
      4 wav file

Submitter kosmo92 Submitted 04/01/2023 Category Menus  
    • By kosmo92
      SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music.
      19 pieces 1920x1080 
      4 wav file

• By Menrva

View File Wings Over World Menu Screens
      Wings Over World Menu Screens 
      January 13th, 2019 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2 games
      This package is my personal conversion of the beautiful Strike Fighters: Project One menu screens, with a number of enhancements for use in Strike Fighters 2. The main menu screen is a reworked version of the NACA Main Screen released by Camouflage (Checksix-fr.com). The title I chose for the main menu screen is "Strike Fighters: Wings Over World", in honor of the old WOE/WOV/WOI series of SF1 games. I find this name suitable for those who have a large mod folder spanning different world scenarios.
      Here below a quick summary of enhancements and additions:
      -All the music tracks from the SF games have been included; now there's a unique track for each screen.
      -Hangar Screen has got the hangar noise sounds which were present in the SF1 games.
      -Option to turn Lens Flare off as in the SF1 games is back.
      -Opportunity to change pilot at the Campaign Screen is reintroduced, as in the SF1 games.
      -Briefing Screen has been reintroduced for eye-candy (it has a small string "bug" with certain missions, since ThirdWire's removal of the FAC mission type).
      -Added generic _briefing.ini files for all the stock SF2 terrains (terrains without a _briefing.ini file might cause CTDs when accessing the Briefing Screen).
      -Added the missing PILOTPIC25 bitmap which is available in the SF1 games.
      -Loading Screen shows a generic runway and a new, longer loading sound is used.
      -Mission Editor DLC is supported with a new screen in the same style of the other screens.
      -Campaign Customizer DLC is supported with a new screen in the same style of the other screens.
      -Disabled unnecessary functions of the the System Menu, such as accessing ThirdWire's online site for viewing the game manual.
      As a bonus, the package includes 42 single missions taking place across all theatres of the SF2 series; most of them have been made by ThirdWire and released in their SF1 games. Five single missions are Instant Action scenarios of Strike Fighters 2, which I converted to be choosable and playable in the Single Missions Screen. Additional missions include historical scenarios created by guyran for the Israel theater. I renamed all single missions to use a nicer naming convention. Needless to say, all SF2 titles must be installed to be able to play all the missions.
      In addition, I have tweaked some Flight folder files to improve the realism of the game's HUD and in-game map. Since users may not like such changes, those files are not included by default, they must be installed manually. They can be found inside the "(Additional Tweaks)" folder. Here below a quick summary of changes they bring:
      -Disabled all the unuseful Labels when viewing the in-game map.
      -Disabled the arcade cones; lock your target and press F4 to visually track it.
      -Tweaked icons' colours so that they match the text's colours.
      -The in-game text background is less noticeable.
      -Text's font is now different, it is generally smaller and less obtrusive.
      -No more red and blue arcade squares when locking objects on; a faint yellow square is now used.
      -The white triangle showing the next waypoint is now a faint yellow, unlike the default strong white.
      -Disabled the radar box display; check the radar of your plane's cockpit, instead.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -ThirdWire, for the fantastic menu screens which are included in the stock SFP1 game.
      -kout, for the System Menu icon I have taken from his SF1 Grey Main Menu Replacement mod.
      -Camouflage, for the NACA Main Screen (still available at the archives of Checksix-fr.com), which I have reworked.
      -HomeFries, for the planning map enhancements available in his Semi-Transparent Map Icons package.
      -Viper63a, for the Loading sound, which I got from one of his menu mods.
      -paulopanz, for collecting and updating guyran's WOI custom missions properly to SF2 standards.
      -guyran, for the original custom missions he created for Wings Over Israel.
      -KJakker, for his interest and welcome support.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      Any changes to the package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This mod may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 01/13/2019 Category Menus  
    • By Menrva
      Wings Over World Menu Screens 
      January 13th, 2019 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2 games
      This package is my personal conversion of the beautiful Strike Fighters: Project One menu screens, with a number of enhancements for use in Strike Fighters 2. The main menu screen is a reworked version of the NACA Main Screen released by Camouflage (Checksix-fr.com). The title I chose for the main menu screen is "Strike Fighters: Wings Over World", in honor of the old WOE/WOV/WOI series of SF1 games. I find this name suitable for those who have a large mod folder spanning different world scenarios.
      Here below a quick summary of enhancements and additions:
      -All the music tracks from the SF games have been included; now there's a unique track for each screen.
      -Hangar Screen has got the hangar noise sounds which were present in the SF1 games.
      -Option to turn Lens Flare off as in the SF1 games is back.
      -Opportunity to change pilot at the Campaign Screen is reintroduced, as in the SF1 games.
      -Briefing Screen has been reintroduced for eye-candy (it has a small string "bug" with certain missions, since ThirdWire's removal of the FAC mission type).
      -Added generic _briefing.ini files for all the stock SF2 terrains (terrains without a _briefing.ini file might cause CTDs when accessing the Briefing Screen).
      -Added the missing PILOTPIC25 bitmap which is available in the SF1 games.
      -Loading Screen shows a generic runway and a new, longer loading sound is used.
      -Mission Editor DLC is supported with a new screen in the same style of the other screens.
      -Campaign Customizer DLC is supported with a new screen in the same style of the other screens.
      -Disabled unnecessary functions of the the System Menu, such as accessing ThirdWire's online site for viewing the game manual.
      As a bonus, the package includes 42 single missions taking place across all theatres of the SF2 series; most of them have been made by ThirdWire and released in their SF1 games. Five single missions are Instant Action scenarios of Strike Fighters 2, which I converted to be choosable and playable in the Single Missions Screen. Additional missions include historical scenarios created by guyran for the Israel theater. I renamed all single missions to use a nicer naming convention. Needless to say, all SF2 titles must be installed to be able to play all the missions.
      In addition, I have tweaked some Flight folder files to improve the realism of the game's HUD and in-game map. Since users may not like such changes, those files are not included by default, they must be installed manually. They can be found inside the "(Additional Tweaks)" folder. Here below a quick summary of changes they bring:
      -Disabled all the unuseful Labels when viewing the in-game map.
      -Disabled the arcade cones; lock your target and press F4 to visually track it.
      -Tweaked icons' colours so that they match the text's colours.
      -The in-game text background is less noticeable.
      -Text's font is now different, it is generally smaller and less obtrusive.
      -No more red and blue arcade squares when locking objects on; a faint yellow square is now used.
      -The white triangle showing the next waypoint is now a faint yellow, unlike the default strong white.
      -Disabled the radar box display; check the radar of your plane's cockpit, instead.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -ThirdWire, for the fantastic menu screens which are included in the stock SFP1 game.
      -kout, for the System Menu icon I have taken from his SF1 Grey Main Menu Replacement mod.
      -Camouflage, for the NACA Main Screen (still available at the archives of Checksix-fr.com), which I have reworked.
      -HomeFries, for the planning map enhancements available in his Semi-Transparent Map Icons package.
      -Viper63a, for the Loading sound, which I got from one of his menu mods.
      -paulopanz, for collecting and updating guyran's WOI custom missions properly to SF2 standards.
      -guyran, for the original custom missions he created for Wings Over Israel.
      -KJakker, for his interest and welcome support.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      Any changes to the package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This mod may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
    • By Eagle114th

View File Screen Overhaul - (1920 x 1080)
      Strike Fighter Project 2 – Screen Overhaul v1.2 Customizable Edition

The new version of SF2 Screen Overhaul 1.2 is now released.  Here is the following screen this mod completely overhaul:

-          Main screen
      -          Single mission screen
      -          Mission editor screen
      -          Hangar (Default) screen
      -          Loadout screen
      -          Planning screen
      -          Roster screen
      -          Campaign screen
      -          Campaign editor screen
      -          Pilot records screen
      -          Options screen

It does not yet cover another screen.  It is work in progress (WIP) for now.  What I am seeking for is feedback that will help me improving the mod further. It is one of my biggest projects I ever worked on for SF2. It gave me opportunity to grow a new skill I enjoy doing. 

NOTE:  Now that SF2 Screen Overhaul is becoming a customizable version. If you make any mods that adds or change anything to this mod, please add my name and mod name to your credit part.

You can contact me by PM in CombatAce (I am known as Eagle114th there) or Strike fighter series Discord chat (My username is Magic Dragon, so you can find me there too.)

Version 1.2 NOTES:

Buttons customization instruction:
      In Menu folder (SF2 mod folder), you will see various SF2 screen named as “BUTTONS_HANGAR, MAIN, OPTIONS, etc...), there are folders for each button.  In order, to change the color of buttons, go to one of button folder, you will see different folders for various color.  Copy the file from there and overwrite the files in any BUTTONS_(SCREEN) folder.

For example, in BUTTONS_HANGAR, if I want to change the color of “LOADOUT” square button to blue; I go to the folder “LOADOUT”, then “Blue” folder, copy the files: LOADOUT0.bmp, LOADOUT1.bmp, and LOADOUT2.bmp.  Then I paste (Overwrite) the files in BUTTONS_HANGAR.

Screens and Buttons customization Templates
      In different “BUTTONS_(different screen names)”, there are folder “_Templates’.  You can use it to change the designs, colors, or anything you want to do with the screen background or buttons. 

This mod uses a font known as Orbitron.  I included it in _Fonts folder.

I want to express my sincerely big THANKS to Menrva, Wrench, UllyB, Daddyairplanes, Wilches, JosefK, FalonCAF, and everyone else in CombatAce community for making this possible.  You all have been a huge help. 

Because of Operation Desert Storm 30 years anniversary great mod, I was able to study the codes on how SF2 menu work, which led me into developing new menu for SF2.  This mod is truly fun to fly in SF2.  If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

There are detailed instruction that explains how to install in the proper ways in README file.  LEASE READ IT BEFORE INSTALLING! 

I included the plans for the next version in the readme too.  

The feedback are always welcomed!

Submitter Eagle114th Submitted 05/18/2021 Category Menus  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..