Skyviper

Microsoft Set To Purcahse CombatACE

Sovereign6Desert-Jet-provides-private-je

Microsoft Set To Purchase CombatACE

It's no secret Microsoft is looking to expand its services and enhance overall user experience by purchasing companies such as Discord. While such moves may seem obvious to most, one move Microsoft is making has many in the tech industry wondering about the things Microsoft is planning next. To the members here at CombatACE are familiar with developers such as ThirdWire and Eagle Dynamics. Earlier this month Microsoft attempted to purchase Eagle Dynamics and take over the DCS World many have to come to love. However Eagle Dynamics told Microsoft to step off and tinker with their little flight simulator. Microsoft angrily shook their fist at Eagle Dynamics and then pointed to a lone developer somewhere in Texas and announced they would purchase his humble company called ThirdWire.

When it comes to big companies like Microsoft purchasing companies like ThirdWire a lot of footwork is done. While doing their research Microsoft learned about other sites they can buy to enhance their user experience. CombatACE is the top of their list and Microsoft is pleased to see a humble community filled with amazing people, programmers, and mod developers. "It's like all these things we wanted rolled into one little package" said William J Tinsdale Vlll "CombatACE will make a fine addition to our collection."

But what will this mean for the users at CombatACE? To answer that question we reached out to the man himself. @Erik "Well at first I was against it" Erik stated "We built a thriving community for ourselves and not some corporate giant just to come in and take over and do whatever they want with it." So, okay, so why is Microsoft buying CombatACE if that's the case? "When someone offers you a free slightly used $200 million private jet with a full crew, free fuel, and millions of dollars for the pocket. You just gotta ask where to sign you know. Besides do you know how hard it is to run a website as large as CombatACE on a daily basis? It's rewarding work but it's hard work and if Microsoft want's to take over I'm cool with that. This jet is awesome and I have a surprise for all of the long time members here. They can get 1 free trip."

ACJC_Bluejay_Forward_lounge.jpg

Looking nice there man!

103770765-BBJ_interior.1910x1000.jpg

An inside look the dining area

"Regardless of the direction Microsoft chooses to take" Erik explains "they've assured me they'll continue to maintain the aspects that make CombatACE a great website. It is my hopes the community will continue to thrive and that people will get a kick out of this obvious April Fool's article entirely made up by Skyviper"

Seriously @Erik, @MK2 , Mod Developers, CombatACE Staff and Members, thank you for making this site the awesome place it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 24

Nice one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

(mr burns voice) Excellent!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If this doesn't come true some heads are going to roll! :big_boss:

April Fools!

• Haha 4

Holy $#!T MAN! You had me going there for a sec! You folks are as bad as my wife when it comes to this day........Only problem is she continues with these shenanigans all year long! :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

i have lost enough track of time this week with travelling, that i really was shocked in the first half. forgot that we're into April now

that said, Erik i want my free flight that Skyviper expressedly promised us. pick me up next time youre at RDU:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:02 PM, Erik said:

If this doesn't come true some heads are going to roll! :big_boss:

When I read the article and saw what Skyviper put into your mouth I really hated you. I forgot about April the first so I didn't believe my eyes what I am reading. God help us if the day comes when some idiots in suits, who don't know nothing about aircraft, will take over this wonderful community in which I put thousands of hours of work and passion and many years of my life. I really would never forgive you for that. Did you notice, by the way, that I started a YAK-100 project ? :wink

April Fools!

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2

Just saw this post and thought, ''What?''... then I saw the date, lol, good one!

I hope is not going to end like Skype.

Once became Microsoft property stopped to work efficiently