Sign in to follow this  
redwolf

Guess what?

...oh you will figure it out! LOL :biggrin:

...and holy smokes is their server ever sssssslllllllooooooooowwwwww. :yikes:

(Edit: it is so slow I would indeed say something is wrong - so may want to hold off an hour or so ( 0.1/9.6 GB with apparently 8 days left?!?! :stars: )

Edited by redwolf

WOFF BH&H II is indeed now available.  Please news see

For those with download problems,  when you click on the download link, and are viewing the " WINGS OVER FLANDERS FIELDS : BETWEEN HEAVEN & HELL II Download Page "  window.

Press Ctrl+F5 - it will show an alternative download location link.

• Thanks 1

Was not timing my download - Perhaps 15 minutes or so.

My download took about and hour. Not too bad.

Yes, I got it, thanks.

It took me 2.5 hours after switching to the alternative link - though my internet has been crazy fast elsewhere - so just bad luck or bad timing, idk.

Still don't have it installed yet, as I continue to benchmark PE first so I can compare. :)

The download took under an hour for me, the install time afterwards was about twenty minutes (my machine is venerable now).  Fired it up briefly...first impression was great, the added colourized photos are nice to see, and the music by M.Milne is excellent as usual.  This is going to be a lot of fun.  Now to get the TiR reset-up and my hotas needs a good dusting off.

kind regards,

Dave

Edited by Baldric

On 4/8/2021 at 12:28 AM, redwolf said:

...and holy smokes is their server ever sssssslllllllooooooooowwwwww. :yikes:

(Edit: it is so slow I would indeed say something is wrong - so may want to hold off an hour or so ( 0.1/9.6 GB with apparently 8 days left?!?! :stars: )

Where the hell are you wolf ? Boondocks with satellite ? I've got pretty shitty webs too man but even I was able to download it in half an hour. :dntknw:  But I wasn't prepared for the 58 GB install size in my WOFF folder. Smashed my free space. 

BUT IT LOOKS GREAT !!!! :minigun:

:grandpa: and so on and so forth ....

LOL, I am a stone's throw from Vancouver - and yes, my internet is usually lightning fast -- just bad timing or bad luck (or as I said in simhq - just got a bad socket, lol). It's all good. I have it now and it was faster with the alternate link.

• Like 1

Okay, got it now!

Download ca. 20minutes (very fast, I was surprised!); Data-size correct (uff!) > uninstall PE via toolbox (uninstall and registry) and Ccleaner for Registriy-check > PC-New-Start > Installation BH&HII, DX9 and first patch > PC-New-Start > Stick-connection and first Sim-Start > Yes! Workshop: Joystick and its axis okay? Yes, enough for test! > Generate test-campaign > Quick Combat, Free Flight > Loading > YES, here we are!

For all these steps I have needed ca. 2 hours (faster than I did believe).

First impression: Glasses are great! FPS60 (more than I did believe) and no stottering at the beginning of the flight.

Now I need a cup of coffee, Greetings!

• Like 1

My wife uses the front office for her work so I am relegated to a spare bedroom in the back of house and my laptop. I get less than a quarter of the internet speed back here, so I moved the laptop to the front to do my BH&HII download. Only took about 15 minutes or so. Smooth install. :smile: