Polovski

WOFF BH&H II - Install Notes

Before installing BH&H II, please uninstall any current WOFF installation you may have.

To do this use WOFFToolbox program - found in C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\Toolbox\   folder 

(or find your Toolbox folder if you installed elsewhere from default).

So run WOFFToolbox then select the  'Uninstall WOFF' option.   After it finishes, close the program.  

Edited by Polovski

So does this mean we cannot have an install of WOFF Platinum, separate to the BH&H install ? 

Yep its one or the other, as both games use the same resources - if you don't like BH&HII then you can uninstall it and reinstall UE/PE.

You can use your WOFFUE/PE pilots in BH&HII but you cannot then take pilots from BH&HII back to UE/PE.

HTH

WM

Oh that is rather annoying, as I only bought PE just under a month ago, wasn't expecting BH&H to come out yet. Oh well, thems the breaks I guess

Edited by trotski00

Well I am sure you can make a good decision as time goes on.

There is nothing that PE has over BH&HII.

WM

Edited by Winder

Few people asking over at Simhq about saving Skins ect Winder, i've personally deleted all traces of WOFF PE and noticed that the skin folder alone in BHaH II is 18.2 GB (impressive stuff).

Any recomendations on what if anything can be kept?  Congratulations on release it really does look and fly like a completely new sim.

Pilots can be taken forward as mentioned, and sure if you have custom skins they will work still as well.

HTH

WM

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Winder said:

Pilots can be taken forward as mentioned, and sure if you have custom skins they will work still as well.

HTH

WM

Thanks Winder, really appreciate your response.

Pol has just reminded me there are a few AC that have revised skin layouts so you cannot use player created custom skins from UE/PE in BH&HII for:

Albatros DI
Albatros DII

Apart from these two AC all player created custom skins made for WOFFUE/PE can be used in BH&HII

HTH

WM

Edited by Winder
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, trotski00 said:

Oh that is rather annoying, as I only bought PE just under a month ago, wasn't expecting BH&H to come out yet. Oh well, thems the breaks I guess

I was shocked to see the price of BH&H and to realise PE and BH&H aren't compatible with each well I don't know what to say! Those that purchased the UE and PE should at least get some kind of discount

There's nothing wrong with UE or PE.    So if you have UE or PE they  will still work fine, and you can fly hopefully for many years to come.  BH&H II has taken 18 months of solid full long days working hard to make, so we believe it's worth it.

Oh I do not disagree. I have just installed it. I am just somewhat dismayed at having purchased WOFF UE  and PE recently, and now BH&H released only weeks later, but, it is no big deal, if the whole is an improvement over the original WOFF PE, which I have no doubt it shall be !! I am looking forward to further expansion of this new iteration of what was already a superb WWI sim. I wish you would make the training a bit more immersive, for example, early in the war, training was pretty intensive, including gunnery and bombing instruction........These are only wishes though, and I appreciate it may be beyond your scope to re vamp the training. Also some types of aircraft are noticeably absent from WOFF, and by association therefore BH&H. For example, Farmans, short and long horns were extensivley used for RFC and French training of pilots, it would also be nice to be able to fly from 1914, in types such as Bleriot, or Taube, another glaring omission is the Vickers Gunbus, and the FE 8 ........Again suggestions, not demands. However I do wish you would hard code a Logbook editor into the sim, and please please adjust the font used to fill in the logbook, meaning the font on the pilots detail page, it is some awful black bold font which looks totally wrong.  Minor gripes I know, but these things would add to the already superb immersion into this wonderful sim.

Oh and I forgot to mention the Hanriot !!!  :biggrin:

Yeah no worries trotski100 I was replying to JohnLewis. 

Training is mostly so you can get the hang of flying and landing etc of course anything can be more detailed just takes years to do everything so with support who knows.

Even though we have over 80 flyable aircraft in WOFF, we have a long list of others we could add, takes a very long time to make that many aircraft,  and constantly upgrade them, and yes for sure we want to add more again next.
We know very well what isn't in there of course been at this some years :D.

Edited by Polovski

Baby here....needing to hold hands while crossing the street.

I uninstalled PE/UE with toolbox but still have an OBD folder in my C drive and the WOFF folder within that.

Should I leave that alone or should I delete all of it?

SIgned:  Confused worry Wart :dunno:

Edited by jerhear

I deleted all of it Jerhear, I uninstalled using toolbox first ..then cleared registry using toolbox, then any loose folders and files I manually deleted then installed BHAH II :good:

Edited by Adger

Exit WOFFToolbox, and then yes you can delete the OBDSoftware folder and its contents.

One question :

Can we copy the Joystick configuration from PE to BH&H II ?

If yes, how ?

Best regards

We don't recommend messing with files if you are not OK with editing config files.

However yes technically it's possible. Backup the old WOFFKeys.xca with your controllers already setup,  to another place on your hard drive.

Uninstall PE using WOFFToolbox properly as above (and in the FAQ).  Install BH&H II and the latest patch.

Now make another backup this time of the new BH&H II WOFFKeys.xca and make sure you know which is which.
Put those backups somewhere safe.

Now open the old WOFFKeys.xca in Notepad or similar.  Select and copy all the sections BELOW the first key assignments section.

The key assignment starts right at the top with 

<Mappings>
    <Device Type="Keyboard">
        <GameMode Name="Player">

and ends with the first  line that says;
</GameMode>

So AFTER THAT copy all the text below. This is the controllers sections.

Now edit the BH&H II WOFFKeys.xca and delete the lower sections after the first <\GameMode>

Carefully paste the controllers sections.   Compare to the original it should look very similar.

Save as .xca  (not *.txt) to do that if saving in Notepad set the file type to save as *.* first.

WOFFKeys.xca is stored in 

C:\Users\<YOUR LOGON>\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields

Note at your own risk, if you break something we can't help and you will likely need to reinstall after doing a clean uninstall.

Edited by Polovski