Hellshade

WOFF: BHaH II First Impressions & Pilot Survival Tips

Would love to hear everybody's first impressions once they get WOFF: BHaH II downloaded, installed, and up and flying.   This isn't a technical thread but more a how to survive in the unfriendly skies thread.

My first advice is that later in the war, at the beginning of the really big dogfights, it's best to hang on the outside edges of the furball and pick off anyone either attempting to leave (because they are damaged, low on ammo, etc) or just off on their own a bit.    With so many aircraft all bunched up in a small area, the chances of getting hit by enemy fire, friendly fire, or even mid-air collisions are at their highest.   It can get VERY hectic and it's impossible to keep a full 360 degrees of awareness at all times.   This is especially true when wearing goggles (optional to turn on or off in the Workshop), which can get covered in dirt, blood, rain and cracked.    The fights will spread out sooner or later.   Sometimes it can take a little bit.   In the meantime, hang around the edges on the side that enemy aircraft are most likely to retreat to in order to pick off stragglers and novices.    It's not the bravest move, but you'll live longer.  

• Like 1

Just Installed, setup my stick, graphic settings ect.  Im going to start training again with Captain Triggers it feels like a new sim, no problems whatsoever so far ..love the map, absolutely love the colour photos.

So far so good,great stuff Guys  :ok:

• Like 1

Training with Captain Triggers,just simply beautiful.. You guys are in for a treat, the sounds are fantastic, wires creaking engines clunking and purring..the wind and rain on canvas/wood.

Wait until you see the night lighting :clapping:       the scenery is so realistic the colours, the skins..im not going to spoil it for you ..just fly and find out. Brilliant work WM, POL ,Creaghorn and OVS .Matt Milne for the brilliant musical score..Cheers to all the beta testers and anyone ive accidently left out. Awesome work guys.

Shot04-07-21-19-49-59.jpgShot04-07-21-20-10-38.jpg

Edited by Adger
  • Like 2

Superb pictures of yourself and Capt Triggers Adger :)

• Thanks 1

I have had a few quick combats and two campaign flights. Looks great and runs great for me so far. I am running higher graphics settings than UE/PE and getting smooth game play. The flight of the AI planes is greatly improved, with very realistic jostling with the wind and realistic movements. Everything seems graphically 'richer'. The new sounds are really awesome and a noticeable improvement. Lots more to delve into; just scratching the surface!

• Like 1

When you are all alone and get jumped, that's when you do want to stay in the middle of them.   Damn scary encounter.

• Like 1

That was something else :yikes:...

Great fight... I don't think I could have lasted that long!

One thing I have noticed is all the little forests that used to dot the landscape are no longer in the game. Consequently, navigation has gotten quite difficult for me as I used these for reference (they were marked on RAF-Louvert's maps and easy to spot from long distances). Now I am flying over big expanses of farmland and losing my way ... I will have to learn better skills! Suggestions from other 'map navigators' would be appreciated!

The brown smudges on the in-flight and briefing map seem to correspond to small towns, so that might be my solution. 

My first impression was that it is more stable. In PE, I used to crash to desktop if I picked Campaign from the main menu and I had to rename the opening WMV file to get the game to run at all. No problems with this one. :smile:

First Impressions are fantastic! Great job done by the whole dev team! Definitely raised the bar to a new level.  Started a career with 24 Squadron.  One mission was a scramble where B Flight Attacked 4 Aviatiks which had bombed our airfield.  Caught up to the enemy over Doullens where we commenced our attack at 9000 feet.  Slowly closing the distance I Noticed that the rear gunner opened fire at myself and the HA I was attacking with from what appeared to be quite distant.  Just out of curiosity I activated the labels to see the distance.  Turned out to be 400 yards.  Turned off the labels and went in for my attack, low, below tail closing to 100 yards.  Not something I normally do but wanted to give it a go.  Well after some good rounds into the enemy machine I exposed myself in braking away and received a pummelling from all four rear gunners Parabellums.  Wounded and my poor old DH2’s controls damaged with a fuel leak.  Love the effects on the goggles! Put it down in a field missing a fence.  40% health.  Did survive but hospitalized for a good period of time.  Wow! Just excellent stuff! I thought UE & PE were great but BH & H simply marvelous.  Cheers! 

Edited by Janzen