Sign in to follow this  
WitchyWoman

Morane-Saulnier N?

As far as I know, the "Bullet" was a third-party experiment to import/modify the Morane monoplane from First Eagles 2, but that project was eventually abandoned - see the following post, also the several posts that follow it, for more info. on both the M-S Type N and Longhorn/Shorthorn experiment:

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4561206/re-wish-list-for-woff#Post4561206

I'm sure however that OBD will work on including future, aircraft expansion packs for BHAH.II.

Happy flying,

Von S :buba:

Edited by VonS
Added info.

Anyone know any good 3d modelers out there? We have everything but the 3d model and damage boxes ready to go.

(The original 3d model was lost in a hard drive crash) :cry:

Slightly disappointed with the lack of early planes. I was going to try to recreate the  career of Franz Becker from the N L Collier novels but there is no Eastern Front Albatros CI or Moranes (or Albatros DI  which is where I am up to in the novels).

On 9/4/2021 at 7:06 PM, BuckeyeBob said:

Anyone know any good 3d modelers out there? We have everything but the 3d model and damage boxes ready to go.

(The original 3d model was lost in a hard drive crash) :cry:

I'd do it myself if I knew anything about 3D modeling. And it doesn't sound like something you learn in a couple of weeks...

I should slightly revise what I said in my quote, above. There is a basic 3d model already available, assuming we can get permission from the original modeler (I believe he models for FC or has retired from modeling, so I don't think he is interested in working on the model for WOFF), so it was an updated version of the 3d model that was lost. I don't know how much extra work Oldhat put into the revised model before it was lost, but we wouldn't have to build it from scratch.

Perhaps there is a young fella out there who wants to hone their 3d modelling skills who could give it a crack?

Over the years I have helped roughly 27 people to start making models for WOFF.  I think only 1 managed to actually (almost) finish any aircraft.  To make it to a decent standard, with cockpit, DM, FM, textures etc takes some dedication.

We never posted pics of a Bullet, as we do not have one ;)  ... well yet at least.

Edited by Polovski
  • Thanks 1

A rather successfull history Pol! I was ironic, I'd never get into this as I'm a total brick in this kind of things! All I can do is have a little hope that someday the Bullet will be a thing ;)

No reflection on WoFF but if this plane is available in the RoF UE version or Thirdwire First Eagles 2 and you particularly want to fly it then why not load the relevant sim and go for it. Not written in blood that you can only fly in one sim. I have heaps of simulators but only three loaded at the moment (WoTR, WoFF and Aerofly FS2) and dable with them all now and again

22 hours ago, Polovski said:

Over the years I have helped roughly 27 people to start making models for WOFF.  I think only 1 managed to actually (almost) finish any aircraft.  To make it to a decent standard, with cockpit, DM, FM, textures etc takes some dedication.

Gosh.:sad:

14 hours ago, VFC_Baxter said:

No reflection on WoFF but if this plane is available in the RoF UE version or Thirdwire First Eagles 2 and you particularly want to fly it then why not load the relevant sim and go for it. Not written in blood that you can only fly in one sim. I have heaps of simulators but only three loaded at the moment (WoTR, WoFF and Aerofly FS2) and dable with them all now and again

Baxter, I'm rather sure Rise of Flight has no Bullet in it. I know about the highly moddable FE2 though, so might give that one a shot.

2 hours ago, trustworthykebab said:

Baxter, I'm rather sure Rise of Flight has no Bullet in it. I know about the highly moddable FE2 though, so might give that one a shot.

Yes, we have one in FE2 - a fine model and you will find two FMs available for it in my FM pack for FE2 - one is for the Type N Bullet, the other modifies it to the specs. for the Type I, for the eastern front. The FE2 MS-N was the one, in modified form, that was experimented with in WOFF, by the way - unfortunately the original modder who created the MS-N has not logged in here for more than a decade. So it will probably be simpler, for those with skinning/modding talents, to begin from scratch with the MS-N, for WOFF.

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

If I remember rightly was the FE one the one with a sort of open tray type magazine for the MG? Always thought that was quaint.

4 hours ago, VFC_Baxter said:

If I remember rightly was the FE one the one with a sort of open tray type magazine for the MG? Always thought that was quaint.

Yes, the MS-N had a Hotchkiss M.G. with a side-loading tray (for clips carrying 30 rounds, I think). Several British MS-Ns replaced the Hotchkiss with a Lewis, instead. The MS-I on the other hand carried a Vickers.

Cheers all,

Von S :smile: