Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

Observation: Going Home logic loop

Yesterday I noticed a squadron mate circling on the friendly side of NML. The activity label said he was Going Home. I rejoined on him and flew on his wing as he simply descended into the mud. The text color changed from green to black as expected. The debriefing screen showed that they both were okay, and there was no loss of an airplane, none being repaired. 

Today I watched an Aviatik (one in a pair) that was displaying Going Home go into a gradually descending orbit from 10,000 feet well inside Allied lines. My observer had just flamed the first Aviatik (I was flying below and in front of him), we turned to attack the trailer. Before I could perform a lead turn on him, he went into a left-hand orbit. He didn't fly a constant diameter circle. My observer managed to flame this one too.

I don't recall seeing this before. Anybody else notice this behavior? Might it be a change to the DM?

Spoiler

60724e7d9f6da_goinghome01.thumb.jpg.517b8cb55ce115b08588fb55344a4fd4.jpg

60724e7eb4729_goinghome02.thumb.jpg.bcd13f3c5548859d3866a622ec9c239b.jpg

60724e8060116_goinghome03.thumb.jpg.c239bdf520ee1a1f533764fad1088419.jpg

60724e81ee1ec_goinghome04.thumb.jpg.6cbd66124633479d986722665b4e9d83.jpg

60724e8326b0c_goinghome05.thumb.jpg.d32f49765496d9927ea45f4eca0a4aa3.jpg

60724e84be18d_goinghome06.thumb.jpg.558c47230e5d12bfc4a750c22187c4ab.jpg

Can you confirm which, if any, mods are active?

19 minutes ago, rjw said:

Can you confirm which, if any, mods are active?

No mods

Not seen it so far Busdriver, don’t know if it matters if the friendly was a HA or not? Hopefully Someone can chime in.

AI Going Home is fairly generic,  that's what he may be aiming to do, but if the aircraft has damage affecting control he may be struggling to do that. 

On the fact it showed he was alive after a crash,  he may have survived or he may be an historic pilot/ace so will always survive until the correct day.

Just confirmed with WM (coder),  Going home indicates they are basically running - usually because of damage to their aircraft.  He said that was tested already in beta and when that was seen they showed damage (we use development labels).
We may change the label though we shall see.

Edited by Polovski
  • Thanks 2

Yeah lol, I guess people may still take it the wrong way no matter what it says.
Just bear in mind it means the aim of the aircraft is...   

So when damaged all bets are off anyway, that goes for all activity labels.